Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much more mileage do you intend to drag out of that lie.

There was no MOU of the sort. Of course your credibility would only be threatened if you had any to start with.

You so-called friend told you this, but the east has a track record of gullibility. Like spinning off a base. You are aware there are other employees besides pilots, don't you.

Another "a-ha" moment, brought to you by reality.

Talk to your former negotiating Reps—This is common knowledge.

I'm not insulting anyone here, just saying that West/East Alpa leadership tried to avoid USAPA by working together.

West and East ALPAs started working on an MOU to the NIC when it became obvious that USAPA may takeover. The MOU established additional restrictions, fences and a credit for the retirements now occurring East. This occurred soon after ALPA national waived their right to replace the East MEC for refusing to negotiate—they also knew USAPA was a credible threat.

???? Never heard that one. I know these west representatives that you speak. None of them would be stupid enough to negotiate away from an agreed upon process & the resulting final & binding arbitration. The East has proven time and time again that their word is worth spit.

Just another USAPA lie. You've heard of the Kubler-Ross stages of grief? It is a path to the completion of grief. Unfortunately, USAPian's just keep going in circles: DENIAL - ANGER - BARGAINING - DEPRESSION - DENIAL - ANGER - BARGAINING - DEPRESSION.....

Acceptance is never reached in this version of the KR model.

The West is ONLY to blame for defending our position. That and trusting that the east can keep their word.

Guys I don't have a dog in this fight. We're up to page 23. I've read about both sides and I'm not going to chime in one way or the other. But my question is if you guys can get past this? Can you flip a coin or duke it out? What is needed so you guys can get past this? I have an interview coming up soon....So I'm interested.
Good luck to you guys.
David

Guys I don't have a dog in this fight. We're up to page 23. I've read about both sides and I'm not going to chime in one way or the other. But my question is if you guys can get past this? Can you flip a coin or duke it out? What is needed so you guys can get past this? I have an interview coming up soon....So I'm interested.
Good luck to you guys.
David

USAir, decades of horrible pay..... horrible atmosphere.....good luck

Good luck to you guys.
David

You'll hear about this until your career is over or when the last Nic award pilot retires. Or dies. Many will never get past it. It takes a CEO with the slightest bit of courage and integrity to end this. The Alcoholic d-bag Doug Parker has neither in any measurable amount. So it's up to the legal system. 7 years on with zero progress and no end in sight of ending bk era contracts. I'd really think twice about making us air anything but a stepping stone.

Good luck to you guys.
David

David;
We "flipped a coin" when both bodies agreed to the merger process in 2005-2007. We will get past this eventually. It will happen when the company has had enough and makes a decision, when the courts rule specifically what must be done, or when one party finally agrees to keep their word.

The very best of luck in your interview. Contrary to what you read here, this is a good place to be. We will get a new contract and perhaps even get a merger. With that said, the best place to be is "on property".

CB

???? Never heard that one. I know these west representatives that you speak. None of them would be stupid enough to negotiate away from an agreed upon process & the resulting final & binding arbitration. The East has proven time and time again that their word is worth spit.

Just another USAPA lie. You've heard of the Kubler-Ross stages of grief? It is a path to the completion of grief. Unfortunately, USAPian's just keep going in circles: DENIAL - ANGER - BARGAINING - DEPRESSION - DENIAL - ANGER - BARGAINING - DEPRESSION.....

Acceptance is never reached in this version of the KR model.

The West is ONLY to blame for defending our position. That and trusting that the east can keep their word.

Wow Dave that is a step in the right direction! You are finally agreeing that the nic was devastating to the east and we have grief and the KR model. Thanks for understanding. If you agree that it was devastating to us then you must also agree that the west got a huge windfall as well (your 2 month guy in training being the captain of our 16.4 year guys).

David;
We "flipped a coin" when both bodies agreed to the merger process in 2005-2007. We will get past this eventually. It will happen when the company has had enough and makes a decision, when the courts rule specifically what must be done, or when one party finally agrees to keep their word.

The very best of luck in your interview. Contrary to what you read here, this is a good place to be. We will get a new contract and perhaps even get a merger. With that said, the best place to be is "on property".

CB

I agree 100% with you Dave about it being a good place. I enjoy my trips and for the most part enjoy everyone I work with. Yes even with a GOP House of Reps the NMB is going to have to finally work with us.

Latest resources

Back