Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Becket!!!! Where was the "over a billion dollars in lost income" going to come from? I only have a math degree and your ex-con CEO has it. Are you really saying chug-a-lug dui parker was going to give it me????? Look at the public records and after tell me how he hides things from the public.
Where does all your income come from?

PS- How do you hide public records from the public? Math, eh? University of Phoenix, perhaps? University of Bacardi?

Hi Becket!!!! Where was the "over a billion dollars in lost income" going to come from? I only have a math degree and your ex-con CEO has it. Are you really saying chug-a-lug dui parker was going to give it me????? Look at the public records and after tell me how he hides things from the public.

Hi SCAB!!!!! You're "math degree" is clearly as effective as your career choices!! If The Kirby Proposal was ratified....854 million. Jack Stephan testified that Kirby +8% was realistic...that's 922.32 million dollars in W2 income...then you guys took your ball and went home because you didn't like ....well....REALITY.

Factor in work rules, vacation, 401k increases....JUST TO GET YOU UP TO AMERICA WEST STANDARDS....and you're way above a BILLION dollars forever lost to your ridiculous illegal experiment known as USKABA. Well done.

Call your math college...tell them you need a refund...assuming you know how to calculate one. Which is in doubt.

... - we already had a fair list on our side - the West are the ones who said lets take a chance and gamble on the outcome
I've been noticing a recent trend here where Eastie posts are becoming incomprehensible and full of non sequiturs. If you want to have a real conversation you have make sense. In an attempt to decipher your post I'll ask: what "fair list on our side" are you talking about? And what "chance and gamble" did the West take?

I've been noticing a recent trend here where Eastie posts are becoming incomprehensible and full of non sequiturs. If you want to have a real conversation you have make sense. In an attempt to decipher your post I'll ask: what "fair list on our side" are you talking about? And what "chance and gamble" did the West take?

Remember how the process began?
East - DOH with c & r
West - NO - will take our chance with arb - what have we got to lose - but we have much to gain - widebody, international and most of all instant attrition in a 5000 pilot combined list

That pretty much sums it up - don't you think?

Metrojet

East - DOH with c & r, plus we want to count our furloughs as employees so we can put those NONEMPLOYEES on the list ahead of actual employees. And even though we have absolutely no hope of surviving without this merger, we want all the advantage.
West - NO - will take our chance with arb - what have we got to lose - but we have much to gain - widebody, international and most of all instant attrition in a 5000 pilot combined list

Metrojet

Fixed it for you.

East - DOH with c & r

Metrojet
If you were tasked with setting up a Longevity Integration, then, yeah, I'd probably agree with you. But in fact it's a seniority integration therefore folks who are next to each other on a combined list may not have anywhere near the same hire date or age, but they have the same seniority which is either senior or junior irrespective of anything else. I challenge any USAPA member to have a BPR rep describe seniority in any other terms in a public forum. They know this is the truth and are counting on you never holding them accountable to it.

No one forced any furloughed people to stick around. They chose to keep themselves on the bottom of a stagnant list versus starting over because only a furloughee can make a lateral move in this industry without losing anything. Bottom is bottom wherever you go.

Last edited:
Hi SCAB!!!!! You're "math degree" is clearly as effective as your career choices!! If The Kirby Proposal was ratified....854 million. Jack Stephan testified that Kirby +8% was realistic...that's 922.32 million dollars in W2 income...then you guys took your ball and went home because you didn't like ....well....REALITY.

Factor in work rules, vacation, 401k increases....JUST TO GET YOU UP TO AMERICA WEST STANDARDS....and you're way above a BILLION dollars forever lost to your ridiculous illegal experiment known as USKABA. Well done.

Call your math college...tell them you need a refund...assuming you know how to calculate one. Which is in doubt.

I own a business and it is very clear to me that the amount of income has to be very close or more to the amount of expenses. In the past seven years US Scumways did not make enough profit to pay for Kirby's thoughtful offer...look it up it's a pubicly held company which means they have to publish the books. Tell me how they would have paid for the Kirby proposal?

If you were tasked with setting up a Longevity Integration, then, yeah, I'd probably agree with you. But in fact it's a seniority integration therefore folks who are next to each other on a combined list may not have anywhere near the same hire date or age, but they have the same seniority which is either senior or junior irrespective of anything else. I challenge any USAPA member to have a BPR rep describe seniority in any other terms in a public forum. They know this is the truth and are counting on you never holding them accountable to it.

No one forced any furloughed people to stick around. They chose to keep themselves on the bottom of a stagnant list versus starting over because only a furloughee can make a lateral move in this industry without losing anything. Bottom is bottom wherever you go.

There are less than 400 pilots left from the 1,800 plus furloughed list. Obviously many left and did other things long ago and are most likely doing far better than anyone who left and went to AWA. :D

East - DOH with c & r

Metrojet

AWA started out as 1 to 1 with the first slot going to P1, then next the #1 east guy, then awa guy, then east guy, etc.

The failing, twice bankrupt acquiree, wanted straight DOH.

Arbitrator said that both sides needed to come down off of their positions as neither was fair and equitable. AWA came to a different slotting ratio closer to relative seniority for all active pilots and the east remained on a straight DOH stance.

Remember the condition of the old Usairways at the time they were acquired. One need only go read the arbitration transcripts to se what several independent 3rd parties testified to during the arbitration....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back