Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing precludes USAPA from abandoning the Nic...
That's true, but it's like saying nothing precludes you from going home and beating your wife. Do it and there are consequences you'd best be aware of and prepared for.
In essence, she DID give the Co. what they were asking!!
She gave GUIDANCE..
First, we both know the company needs no guidance. Dug is just enjoying the fruits of delay and the courts enable him. Just like USAPA.
Second, in an indirect way she did indeed give the company guidance. Funny thing is USAPA (and you) seem not to understand it. Dug won't negotiate seniority unless he has no fear of a DFR suit AND INJUNCTION -- and history has shown Leonidas has a very good chance of obtaining an injunction. So right now your wet-dream seniority list is still as dead in the water as it's been since Judge Wake imposed his injunction. Might wanna tame your elation until Dug has had his final say.

unless he has no fear of a DFR suit AND INJUNCTION -- and history has shown Leonidas has a very good chance of obtaining an injunction. So right now your wet-dream seniority list is still as dead in the water as it's been since Judge Wake imposed his injunction. Might wanna tame your elation until Dug has had his final say.
You guys keep referring to the Wake process as a a win for AOL. Wake was B-slapped by the 9th. He overstepped his courts jurisdiction by trying a case that was NOT RIPE!! Nothing but a HOLLOW victory for Leonidas...
All these threats of suits and injunctions will only seal your fate...Stay tuned to be disappointed..

You guys keep referring to the Wake process as a a win for AOL. Wake was B-slapped by the 9th. He overstepped his courts jurisdiction by trying a case that was NOT RIPE!! Nothing but a HOLLOW victory for Leonidas...
All these threats of suits and injunctions will only seal your fate...Stay tuned to be disappointed..

Not worried. You may want to improve your reading comprehension regarding what the message is in the transcripts. You have no options, you can make things better than the Nic; otherwise you're on "dangerous grounds" and according to the company, it's ripe. The may appeal, the 9th could reverse their "ripeness" ruling, how will it all play out? Stay tuned.

How's that loa93 treatin' ya B- atch?

Not worried. You may want to improve your reading comprehension regarding what the message is in the transcripts. You have no options, you can make things better than the Nic; otherwise you're on "dangerous grounds" and according to the company, it's ripe. The may appeal, the 9th could reverse their "ripeness" ruling, how will it all play out? Stay tuned.

How's that loa93 treatin' ya B- atch?
Well so far I'm projected to move up 190#s next year...And I am now a SOLID block holder...Hows your STAGNATION working out for Ya!!

Well so far I'm projected to move up 190#s next year...And I am now a SOLID block holder...Hows your STAGNATION working out for Ya!!

190 numbers. You'll be a block holder on the e190. What does that pay? Sign me up! Dangerous Ground, repeat it to yourself, dangerous ground ~Silver

Listen Bird..Its not what Silver said, its what she "DIDN'T" say that matters in this case. We shall see. Besides the NDA expires in a few days. I have a feeling that PHX might not like the outcome..Just saying...

Last edited:
That's true, but it's like saying nothing precludes you from going home and beating your wife. Do it and there are consequences.
Bad analogy..There are laws that preclude one from doing such harm. DFR is a tough case to prove. Specially when a union provides C&Rs to protect ALL its members from unreasonable advancements at the detriment of others.

You guys keep referring to the Wake process as a a win for AOL.
It was. You keep thinking having the 9th overturn it on ripeness alone means it's like it never happened. The company and Judge Silver know different. Every subsequent judge who looks at this will know all about the Wake trail and its jury verdict. You can't escape the fact that it's now officially in writing that USAPA was created to evade the Nicolau list which is NOT a legitimate union purpose.
Wake was B-slapped by the 9th. He overstepped his courts jurisdiction by trying a case that was NOT RIPE!!
Well, now I can see at least one reason why you're having so much trouble understanding Silver's ruling: you know darn little about the court process. Having a verdict overturned because of a different interpretation of ripeness is not the same as overstepping.

In fact, here's some information you may not know about DFR case law.
In October, 2001, the APA revealed the combined AA/TWA seniority list and fences, known as Supplement CC. That seniority list didn't come into effect until Single Carrier Status was implemented in April, 2002. A group of TWA pilots filed a suit against the APA (along with ALPA, AA, and TWA, Llc.) the summer of 2002. The three defendants AA, TWA, Llc, and APA were all dismissed from the suit due to expiration of the six-month statute of limitations. The judge determined the statutory date was October and not the following April. That determination was subsequently upheld on appeal. So here you have two different cases with completely different ideas on ripeness. The 9th contradicts the other case which is why there was a chance the SCOTUS might've looked at it.
Nothing but a HOLLOW victory for Leonidas...
I'm so glad you think that.
All these threats of suits and injunctions will only seal your fate..
They're not threats, they're predictions...

I have..She made some Strong pointed opinions.... However, based on the 9th COAs decision....Nothing precludes USAPA from abandoning the Nic... And furthermore according to Silver, the Co. can negotiate a joint cba, Nic non-inclusive, as long as there is NO "Collusion".
In essence, she DID give the Co. what they were asking!!
She gave GUIDANCE.. Now whether Doug decides to negotiate will be a true indication of how badly he needs a joint CBA..

What planet are you on? You think Parker is going to help you steal west pilots seniority and make US Airways liable? I'm going to take a guess and say that Parker is smarter than you easties. Of course the average rock is smarter than you guys. Probably higher paid too:)

The USAPA Scabs have been trying to hide under the "wide range of reasonablness" since inception. A jury shot them down after 90 minutes of deliberation....

You are a hoot.. :D

The phrase "wide range of reasonableness" is the words of the SCOTUS as quoted by the 9th circuit, the court that threw our the findings of the jury that was hamstrung by Judge Wake who forced a biased decision. Not only did Wake get embarrassed for manipulating the jury, he was completely dismissed for using his courtroom to interfere in negotiations between the company and the union.

You pretend that "wide range of reasonableness" is an age old strategy of USAPA but the reality is it is a NEW gift of guidance from the SCOTUS (and confirmed by Silver) that USAPA and the company wouldn't even have accept for the $2M that Leospanker spent!

Latest resources

Back