USAir Deal - WTFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flydog

Pilots get a 26% pay cut, no furlough protection, and allow more jet flying at the regionals

How is this good for the pilots and why would they vote for it?

Is this the whole story?

Sounds like the first thing mgmt will do after this deal is done is toss half the pilots on the street and give all the flying to the regionals

That's pretty much the whole story; the guys are pretty up in arms right now but we'll see. 500-700 furloughs will go back to late 1987 hires and push junior captain to sometime in 1985. As a June 1987 hire my relative seniority will be roughly what it was on my first-year anniversary - junior 737 lineholder f/0 or even reserve f/o.

You left out the small point that the small jets will be operated by mainline pilots at Capt. rates. As the Dash 8's and DO328's are replaced, those pilots are the ones going out on the street.

Of course, those pilots were locked out of the negotiations and ALPA plans to cost them their jobs, without their representation, participation, or ratification of the contract which affects their pay and working conditions.

For the US Air pilots the deal is a no brainer. They are on a sinking ship and now have the opportunity to excercise super seniority at another airline. The current regional pilots will be pushed out of the life raft by their own union while the mainline guys get first dibs on the flying that they had been performing...

You mainline guys need to pay chris bebe a little visit. What the hell is that crap. I mean I expect you guys to screw the WO but your own guys. It proves what the we've been saying all along while trying to work w/ the mainline mec. Just when you think it can't get any worse... bebe or management strike again... if it were not true it would be funny.

BTW i'm (and many other dwngrades) missing about 1000 bucks from my july 15th pay check (just got the statement today 13th) all because of his LOA 81 crap... and where has it gotten you, correct NOWHERE, it just furloughed our pilots and put me back in the right seat hence the missing $$ from my pay check.

You want to know the real sad thing here is the pay cut I took going from capt to fo on a dash (about 1500-1700 month before taxes and 401k) is more than the fo's and chit, mesa, tsa and the other contractor scabs make in a month. My dash fo pay matches my friend at mesaup as a capt on the erj. And we are still making $$$ for U group no matter how they "cook the books" that they won't show us because it will just prove how much a value alg, pdt and psa is to group. Another thing, they wont open the books because it will also show that even more $$$ if we owned and operated rj's not the contractors, but hey davie has to support his pal johnny o.

I'm done now

I pulled this off the Allegheny Pilots' web/email loop. It was not written by me but another Allegheny pilot. It basically sums up our point/feelings on the issue. Dont get me/us wrong we are all willing to give something up/back to the company but not this way.

here it is:

"I would like to thank the ALG MEC for their good work and I want to encourage them to remain true to their positions in these next few dangerous days. I have over 10 years seniority here and have alot to lose if this company folds---but I feel that I and everyone else will lose more if we cave in to the unjust demands made by the USAirways management and the USAirways pilots.

Seniority at an airline, as we all know, is the only valuable asset
we have. To agree to LOA81/JfJ would be a mistake that would very quickly make this job worthless. I can't believe that a court of law would not hand us a victory if we sued the Mainline pilots and management if they destroy our company over this issue. Granted, it may be several years before we get our financial settlement if we go to court, but I feel that we must fight this fight. We are competent people who can earn a living in other ways and we may have to do that. But if we give in to these unjust demands I think it would be the equivilent of selling our soul to the devil. To the MEC: Please don't give in to these people!

If our company won't agree to a minimum number of RJ's that means we will not get them. If they do not agree to furlough protect our pilots that means they will furlough them. If we agree to pay and benefit concessions without these assurances then we are fools.

I'd rather be unemployed than be proven a fool by Chris Beebe and the USAirways management!"

AND THATS THAT

mesa, tsa and the other contractor scabs
Wow, hopefully you will loose your job. I used to work for Mesa (Florida Gulf) until 5 years ago and I see nothing has changed.

Back in -94 we moved into the northeast, shortly there after and it was very common having our transmissions to ATC blocked, and finding "SCABS" carved into the instrument panel, when we arrived in the morning for our trip, getting the "bird" as we taxied by certain Dash 8's (we also got the "bird" by the friendly Piedmont pilots at CLT). By who? Well, take a wild guess!!!

US Air Deal?

Could someone fill me in on the subject. Is this just ALG, or is it all of the WO's. Is this actually the Mainline proposal, company LOA81 or ???? When did it come out? Thanks. Tim.:rolleyes:

LearLove wrote: mesa, tsa and the other contractor scabs

Let's see....CHA voted down J4J and your way to thank them is by calling them scabs........

Many more pilots like you out there with the WO?
Mabe I should make up my mind about my vote for J4J before I have seen the proposal from U-mec........

What are the details of the "deal" that you're talking about? Where can we find them?

It is hard to comment intelligently without the details or even a summary.

Thanks

Contract scabs?

LearLove, I didn't hear the WO's call themselves scabs when they got a HUGE boost in size, Capatncy's etc. when USAir downsized and YOU got the flying...because you were cheaper. It's a small world pal and if I here you or anyone else call me a scab, you $hit is done for. I have TWO generations of battle stars in my family and you are just a dim bulb or new to the business. For the slow learners out there, lets review 1) Contract USAir pilots DO NOT DETERMINE THEIR ROUTES! Management does. The same management that has been giving it to ya for years. 2) There is no secret that USAir management treats their WO's like crap, you should have researched you career employer a bit closer, I have, so have many others, this stuff should not have been a suprise. When it comes from mine, we fight THEM, not each other! 3) Management geeks love this kind of animosity between pilots, you are doing more to help them than help yourselves. Pat yourslf on the back for being managements banner carrier. 4) Unfortunately, the service that contract carriers provide keeps the whole dysfunctional family operating. This in turn, subsidizes YOUR career. BTW You MEC has not played their cards that well. 5) We had all better hang togeather, otherwise we shall all hang separately!

Latest resources

Back