USAir Deal - WTFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOOOOOO's

I got a buddy who works at ALG and I chat with him in LGA every now and then. Once I asked him how much he made during his first year there and I was amazed! $43,000 is a lot of money to fly Dash-8's as an FO, but maybe he is factoring in the money saved because he gets crew meals as per their collective bargaining agreement.

Let me help.

If TPs are replaced one for one by RJs at a WO, the WO pilots still get furloughed. Here's why:

Say it takes 10 pilots to staff an airplane.
One jet replaces one TP at a WO.
Five of those jet seats MUST go to furloughed ML pilots.
Five of the TP pilots that was retired can upgrade to a jet.
The other five TP WO pilots get furloughed out of seniority because they are no longer needed. The ML pilots only fly the jets. They were only brought on for that purpose.
Sucks, doesn't it!!!:eek:

Pardon my last post, it now seems to me out of place. i didnt note there was a second page to this thread. Now on to more relavent matters.

China Clipper wrote:

**5) You guys got a HUGE boost when USAir MAINLINE downsized in the recent past and you did it for less. You did it to Mainline and they still hold a grudge. You under cut them with glee and now it happened to you. The same thing is happening to us in CMH. Get over it. Sucks huh? **

Just for the record, We at the WO did not get a huge boost or groth spurt post 9/11 as was referred to earlier. We immediately began parking airplanes and furloughing. We gave to of our DH8s from ALG to Shuttle America who previously was never a US Airways express and they even flew some of our routes. We still never ramped back up to our previuos full 56 lines of flying. We got close and yes some of it was ML replacement flying. But, at the same timeCQ and TSA and Colgan were replacing us on routes. We have never and still do not control our flying. Sounds like a good argument for single carrier, but thats another post. We are again downsizing and furloughing and returning airplanes to their lessors. No huge boost here. We are either being shrunk to accommodate a sick and wrong J4J, or being shrunk into oblivion. We have always been profitable too. I'll agree many of my bretheren are venting hostilities in the wrong direction. U group has always been an airline that had the most express contracts. Never less that ten in my memory. Consider the other majors. Have any ever topped five or six? Crystal City has always whip sawed with the best of them. And we all thought that AA's Crandall was king! We have not scabbed our ML brothers. We have not grown. Quite the opposite.

Latest resources

Back