• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Turtle21

28 open Wide Body FO positions will go to new hires

Lots of captain upgrades

Some open 190 captain positions

I don't understand the open 190CA positions. Why were they not awarded? Think there were pilots that had their bid in.

Edit: answer: need 500 hours with the company.

Last edited:
I don't understand the open 190CA positions. Why were they not awarded? Think there were pilots that had their bid in.

Edit: answer: need 500 hours with the company.

That plus the pay rates for a reserve 190 captain are about the same as for a block holding AB320 FO at 2nd year, and for guys at 12 years the block holding 190 captain position is less than a AB 330 reserve or 767 block. Unless you live in PHL and like to fly lots of legs it really isn't too appealing.

So do the westies get any of that action?

Nope. The east thugs demanded our wallets and we refused so now they are gonna beat us every which way they can. Oh well. I can take a beating and smile knowing turn-about is fair play.

Brought what upon themselves?

They agreed to binding arbitration just like the East did.

ALPA arbitration happened and it turns out that ALPA arbitration was not all that binding. Go figure. ALPA over promising and under delivering. :D

Who cares who is "to blame". All sides made their choices along the way and we all had to accept the risk associated with the path we chose.

The courts were expensive and the defendants prevailed. C'est la vie. Time to move on.

Oh, we're moving on alright…without that joke of a union.

Latest resources

Back