• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir and United Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United is hiring furloughees right now- not off the street. I think we have about 800 to go before we start taking true new hires. Everyone on our list has had the opportunity to come back if desired. Now the remaining 800 people will be asked one more time if they want to come back. If they say "no," then they are removed from the UAL seniority list. So it just depends on how many of those 800 say "no."

Waste management is a high-profit growth industry. USAirways is currently profitable. Furthermore, Southwest carries a lot more trash (white and other) than USAirways and it's even more profitable. Sounds like a win-win situation. Thanks for the compliment!

Oh,what you gettin' so touchy about. You got an American senority number,don't you?;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

I thinkl both are in the second quarter. I would avoid US Air though, everyone knows its a garbage company.

Having worked ops at both companies (HP/US) You are correct. I know things have changed, but it was a disaster when I worked there. Great people at HP though.

Oh,what you gettin' so touchy about. You got an American senority number,don't you?;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Yeah but then he'd have to come back and fly with me. He's REALLY hoping USAWA makes a go of it! ;) TC

Does anyone have any insight on the ex-poolies at United regarding preferential hiring etc.. Some may still want to work for United and should be at least considered before others.

Does anyone have any insight on the ex-poolies at United regarding preferential hiring etc.. Some may still want to work for United and should be at least considered before others.

I would thing you will be at the top of the list when we interview. Thought I heard about this issue before. Not 100% sure.

You got an American senority number,don't you?
Yes, but while it's certainly better than not having one, it doesn't change my attitude about my current employment one bit. And wouldn't it be funny (as in strange, not ha-ha) if I got furloughed from USA and recalled by AA?

as long as the AWA MEC is in charge we will work harder than anyone else for less than anyone else. But hopefully all that will change when the US Airways/DAL guys take over negotiations. Case in point during the last 8 months or so US Airways has made about a half billion in profits yet our negotiators' opener to management was about 20% below current SWA rates. That was our opener.....We will probably give up work rules in order to pay for any measely raise we get.

But in 5 years this could be the place to be. Massive retirements, profitable company, and quite a few pilots who expect to get back a lot of lost pay....

as long as the AWA MEC is in charge we will work harder than anyone else for less than anyone else. But hopefully all that will change when the US Airways/DAL guys take over negotiations. Case in point during the last 8 months or so US Airways has made about a half billion in profits yet our negotiators' opener to management was about 20% below current SWA rates. That was our opener.....We will probably give up work rules in order to pay for any measely raise we get.

But in 5 years this could be the place to be. Massive retirements, profitable company, and quite a few pilots who expect to get back a lot of lost pay....

I would probably drop the DL guys in your equation, chief. Parker has really massaged that into your heads, obviously. Very very very unlikely.

Anyway, I think the AWA guys should trust their East counterparts, especially the part about 960 or so of the proposed top 1000 being East guys. And, the Age 65 thing probably won't pass either.......

Bye Bye--General lee

Latest resources

Back