• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir & AMR merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess we wait until the masses has had enough. Until that time, we stay status quo (that includes Mike Cleary @ > $13,000 per month FPL).

Do you think that is too high? That is not far above what Cleary would make flying the line. If he flew the line, he would be a Group II blockholder. Averaging 90 hrs per month on the line would give him $11,250 per month plus per diem. I imagine the 13,000 takes his earning capabilities on the line in to account. It certainly seems it falls right in line with what his position should pay.

Btw, if he were a 330 Captain, the 13,000 per month would be less than he could make flying the line... (He is a few hundred numbers away from the 330)

And actually I think his FPL is paid by the company, not USAPA... At least that's how it was when we were under ALPA...

Do you think that is too high? That is not far above what Cleary would make flying the line. If he flew the line, he would be a Group II blockholder. Averaging 90 hrs per month on the line would give him $11,250 per month plus per diem. I imagine the 13,000 takes his earning capabilities on the line in to account. It certainly seems it falls right in line with what his position should pay.

Btw, if he were a 330 Captain, the 13,000 per month would be less than he could make flying the line... (He is a few hundred numbers away from the 330)

And actually I think his FPL is paid by the company, not USAPA... At least that's how it was when we were under ALPA...

Not so much "too high", as we are really not getting the bang for the buck that we deserve.

Let's look at Mike's "accomplishments":

1. The continued persecution of the Cactus 18 all the way to the appeals court = 2X LOSS & expenditure of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.
  2. The continued failed litigation efforts for the "slam dunk" of Date of Hire, at a cost of OVER 10,000,000.00! The achievement: DELAY.
  3. The false accusations of identity theft that created further discourse between the two groups. BTW: What ever happened to the East pilots that got the same lists for the purposes of starting up USAPA?
  4. The stockpile of grievances that have yet to be finally finished, and continue to pile up.
  5. The use of the safety campaign that has taken away one of our most effective tools (if needed) in the chase for a better contract. Now there is a permanent injunction against ALL US Airways pilots. BTW: This act ALONE cost the company 10's of Millions that could have been realized in the year end profit, and hence the profit sharing.
  6. The office move debacle.
  7. The mysterious quieting of the attack on the Secretary Treasurer.
  8. The mess with Seham, Seham's former lawyer, Mowrey, e-mail, "Oh gee..my laptop was stolen" dung heap.
  9. The committee firings of several west pilot volunteers based on these participants refusing to support date of hire.
  10. The letters from APA & SWAPA telling Mikey what a great union leader he is (insert sarcastic smiley face here).
  11. I REALLY COULD GO ON AND ON, but do you think it's necessary??
ALG;
All of this was continued or started on Mikey's watch. At $13,000 a month, I would expect a LOT BETTER! We need new leadership, and STRONG proven leadership that can battle the company fearlessly and INTELLIGENTLY. Further, we need a team that can undo all of the pile of crap that USAPA has left at the door.

VOTERS: The polls open on Feb. 2nd. If you are MIG, PLEASE read all campaign material carefully and watch all videos put out by the nominees. If you have not taken the time to do so, please read the legal documents that have gotten us to this date.

Members in Bad Standing or Objectors: Please take the time to get your voting ability in order.

You have one vote. We all need to vote logically and intelligently in order to promote positive change (vs. Status Quo) and perhaps a tentative agreement to vote on. The company CAN NOT utter a single sentence without using "merger" or "consolidation", and we ARE NOT YET ready for that next battle.

Regards,
CB

Last edited:
You guys are way too spun up about this.

Adopt the two week plan and life is a lot less stressful.

If your paycheck clears, come to work for two more weeks!

I doubt that. There are 80 CA positions on the 190. All but about the bottom 10 or so are top of scale of over $100/hr. I think there is about a 6 or 7 dollar per hour difference. The West contract is not so much better as to overcome that difference...

It easily overcomes the $7 difference.

Pretty sad comparison

You know what's sadder?
A republic capt w/ the same years of service flying a smaller version of the same type as your "express" carrier makes $18/hr more

The union reimburses the company for FPL, AFAIK.

Honestly I don't know 100%, but I think there are a few positions that are paid for by the company. I realize all are paid by the company, and USAPA will reimburse the company for some of them, but I think contractually the company is required to bear the cost of a few positions...

Either way, it doesn't really matter I guess... :)

ALGFLYR, Do a little fact checking now and then and do not believe everything from USAPA or line pilots. Information can be a dangerous tool in the hands of an informed person. Read the TA and contracts on Wings, it is all there for you to inform yourself, no spin.

P.S.- Do you believe Mowery's laptop got stolen mission impossible style?

Last edited:
ALGFLYR, Do a little fact checking now and then and do not believe everything from USAPA or line pilots. Information can be a dangerous tool in the hands of an informed person. Read the TA and contracts on Wings, it is all there for you to inform yourself, no spin.

P.S.- Do you believe Mowery's laptop got stolen mission impossible style?

Well I found it in the East contract, and I was correct. The company is responsible for paying the President 85 hours per month. They also have to pay and additional 1500 hours in FPL annually to be used however USAPA decides. Any other hours above those, the company will pay, but USAPA must reimburse the company... So yeah, I did a little fact checking... and I was correct. Did you do any fact checking??

Latest resources

Back