Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir & AMR merger

While I have my opinion on how dumb I think USAPA is being, and that the harm to west pilots is absolutely ripe 4 years ago:

What does rehashing any of this have to do w/ AMR? there was a small connection earlier in the thread that is no longer linked

...Don't you know Wave, everything wrong or wright in this industry is USAPA's fault. Therefore ,thread creep should be expected.

Is the Airways 190 all part of ONE LIST? Can you upgrade to the Airbus?

Yes, if you fly the 190 you are on the East seniority list and you can bid anything in the East system after a 1 year seat lock (which they have in the past released early if it suits their purposes). During that first year you actually make slightly more than if you were on an Airbus due to a bizarre technicality.

Some of the new hires having been going straight to the Airbus as well.

Some of the new hires having been going straight to the Airbus as well.[/QUOTE]

Lots of openings on the 737 in CLT and DCA as well.

Yes, if you fly the 190 you are on the East seniority list and you can bid anything in the East system after a 1 year seat lock

As far as I can recall I don't think there is any seatlock on the 190.

The 190 will pay (a small amount - about 200/month more on 76hr guarantee) more first year than G2 aircraft. First year G2 is 3K/month but the 190 is 42/hr. Short reserve is 76 and 72 for long but you will probably hold a line within the first year on the 190.

Latest resources

Back