• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir & AMR merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is why I just shake my head when I hear how "the east pilots are getting tired of LOA 93 and are ready to deal.". Never. What you read on the last several posts is the mindset of the overwhelming majority of the east. But you know what, sooner or later, somehow...that karma thing.

The arbitration is subject to membership ratification. We get a vote on yes we will accept it or thanks but I'll keep what I've got
3500 vs 1700
The answer is NO
It's been 4 years
These are not
difficult concepts try to accept them

If it is no skin off your nose why do you want it so bad?
Do you think a union is a necessity? Do you think one side should be compelled to support an organization that cannot provide the service they are charging for?

If a union is a necessity, then it should be one that can produce results for ALL it's members. It should be one that can produce a TA in a reasonable amount of time for the pilots to vote. But the east doesn't want to exercise it's vote until after they have secured the seat they think they deserve. It's these situational ethics that the west is tired of supporting.

The underlying argument from the east is that they should be rewarded for their sacrifice, but in truth they are only doing what their numbers allowed them to do when last given the chance to vote. The justification takes a back seat to simply bullying a smaller group and thumbing their nose at the results of mutual negotiation, mediation and arbitration.

The time to vote has come and past and each day of delay is a damage to all US pilot's careers. The vast majority of east pilots have heard the fear mongering from their so-called leaders about permanently denying the east F/O's the opportunity to upgrade (proven time and again to be false) and they check out of the discussion and hide in the comfort of their tribe and their ignorance.

The proof as to whether or not the east pilots can make an informed decision will come during this election. THERE WILL NEVER BE A VOTE AS TO WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT THE NICOLAU AWARD . You will never be given this stand-alone vote. You will be given the chance to vote NO on a TA if you want to reward a small group of F/O's at the expense of all the other US pilots and subject the union to a costly damages award.

What cannot be done is to deny any vote indefinitely, just to secure illegitimate gains.

Cactusboy, you can't see the obvious... You expect... You expect... You expect....

The pilots expected ALPA to be legit and standby its policy. Buh, bye.

Cactusboy, you can't see the obvious... You expect... You expect... You expect....

The pilots expected ALPA to be legit and standby its policy. Buh, bye.
Yes and Prater should have done his duty by putting both MEC's in trusteeship and signing the joint contract and let the east howl.

Whatever could have been done to abort the insanely bad idea embodied by USAPA should have been done.

Latest resources

Back