• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA reporting AF landed long...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the most disturbing avatar -- make that picture, period -- I have ever seen.

Please make it stop.

Ailerongirl said:
OMG!

Firstly...your avatar is creepy!

Secondly....I do hope your 'I <3 crew scheduling' is meant in jest! (Unless you're a scheduler!)

:D

Firstly...thank you. I saw that pic a couple days ago, and decided it would make a lovely avatar. I'm glad you're enjoying it. ;)

Secondly...of course it's meant in jest. When was the last time you met a pilot who didn't shudder when they heard the eerie words, "crew scheduling"?

TurboS7 said:
The public needs to realize that a good landing is one at the 1000 to 1500 foot mark requardless of the impact. If one lands 1000 feet down the runway and it is a greaser then I guess the captain or fo is entitled to enjoy the atttaboys from the pax, anything else and the pax are being spun.
I would think that analogy would only be valid if there wasn't an excedence of a tailwind or runway condition limitation or landing distance computation.

publishers said:
The thhing that gets me is the one who is saying that it could not have anything to do with windshear because that only effects you in flight. There are still a ton of possibilities here, extra airspeed, gusts, crosswind component changing etc.
Why couldn't it be windshear, if your head wind shears to a tailwind at the surface, it will still affect your landing distance. Even if the windshear was a complete surprise...it still affects the plane.

Did I miss it?

Did someone already state the length of the runway?

To me, that's relevant.

There could ba a lot more to this story than we know. At least one of the pax said that all of the lights went out just before landing. What if they were hit by lightning? In the Dork jet we had one get hit by lightning and they lost all of the screens. What if frenchie was trying to fly off the peanut gyro in an electric jet that was not operating correctly because it had been hit by lightning? If I'm VMC below the clouds, can see the runway and know that my plane has a problem i'm probably gonna land and do my damnest to get it stopped rather than take a broke electric jet back up into some nasty weather. I'm not defending frenchie's stupid decision to begin the approach but just giving a what if scenario that might have led to him comtinuing the farcked up landing.

Latest resources

Back