• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so are there any guys that commute to one of those bases from the west coast, or anywhere else of equal distance? how is life there if you commute to work?

USA Jet makes no allowances for commuters. If the pilots’ commuting has no effect on their job performance it is a non-issue. Local pilots or pilots committing to moving to YIP get hiring preference. It is a tuff job to commute to, because you when come to work, you must have a crash pad. If business is slow during your days on, you may not fly, or draw per-diem, and you are on a continual 25-minute response. It wears on the commuter; our turnover in commuters is higher than non-commuters. Few pilots spend as much time at home as do our local pilots. They are gone an average of less than 8 days per month. Our longest commuter comes in from PHX.

Few pilots spend as much time at home as do our local pilots. They are gone an average of less than 8 days per month.

Man, that's what I was telling the wife but she vetoed YIP. Said she couldn't tolerate the winters with all the snow and ice.

Sucks for me :bawling: ... now I have to work for a living.

Last edited:
Hi!

Other long-distance commuters are:
GRB
MSP
MCI
DFW
PIT
EWR
Previously we had guys commuting from:
PHX
SEA
PNS
JAX
SAC
and even ANC

Lots of guys live in MI/OH and commute with a crashpad, because they live more than an hour or so away.

cliff
GRB

too bad

Man, that's what I was telling the wife but she vetoed YIP. Said she couldn't tolerate the winters with all the snow and ice.

Sucks for me :bawling: ... now I have to work for a living.
So you sacrificed your career to make your wife happy? Is she happy all the time now, does she recognize the sacrifice you made for your marriage? I never gave mine a choice, and she has stuck with for 42 yrs so far.

So you sacrificed your career to make your wife happy? Is she happy all the time now, does she recognize the sacrifice you made for your marriage? I never gave mine a choice, and she has stuck with for 42 yrs so far.

Kick him again Dr. Phil, now I really know you do know everything about everything. Lay off the guy!

Tell me how you really feel?

Kick him again Dr. Phil, now I really know you do know everything about everything. Lay off the guy!
Tell me everything you will feel better, take two beers email me in the morning.

Not sacrificed my career... just a different direction which involves more nights away from home.

It sure beats listening to her whine and complain about the cold and snow every winter.
:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back