USA JET PILOTS: Now what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Wigwam!

Get a clue dude! If you can't tell the difference between figurative and literal threatening, you really do have a problem. The discipline was maintained quite well. The point was made, and it never happened again, thank you! Your last remarks exposes the real jackass quite well I should think.

Here are a few examples of how you guys at Ameristar are known to operate now or in the recent past:

1) Loose leaf or unbound flight logs: a good trip comes on the heals of a completed trip; flight/duty limitations an issue? No problem, rrrriiippp! Presto chango, a new flight log sheet is produced to appear to comply with FAA flight/duty limitations. Why not just use a "magic tablet"? (The cause of the fatality crash in Del Rio??? Hmmm, one wonders)

Wow this sounds amazingly like something that happened at Active Aero (aka USA Jet) back in the 90's. Several guys have violations to prove it.

All this talk sounds like nothing has changed since I left USA Jet. I'm just surprised that they didn't lay folks off. It probably has a lot to do with the way their training is... it costs a lot more to train pilots then it used to. I remember one time a pilot was let go on a Friday & rehired on Monday when they needed him to fly a trip.

In the first year after MG bought the company, I took 4 pay cuts.

1. The went from mileage to hourly pay to conceal a pay cut.
2. They made us all buy our own Jepp charts.
3. They lowered our guarantee.
4. They lowered our hourly pay.

Hopefully, things will pick up soon. It sounds like the normal industry cycle. If you survive the down time, you can make big $$$ when it is busy. The busiest time I saw was the fall of 1994... from Sep. through Dec, I flew almost 500 hours. My slowest month was in Nov. 1996 when I flew 3.4 hours on the -9.

Hi!

Fabman, what's the latest with you? Sounds like you got out just in time!

CLiff
YIP

Only time will tell if you are correct, Cliff

"As disheartening as this situation is, the thing that gets me is that we've always been told that our owners have "deep" pockets, that USA Jets is in "good" hands, and that to come to work here is a "safe" bet."

They said the same thing to me as I was walking out the door. They said "you know _ _ _ _ (insert name here) we are financially stable, here." I replied "I'm going to Southwest and they are in pretty good shape too". A few weeks later they laid off all the FOs (out of seniority).

Shouldn't ya'll be blaming Brian Hermlin, Chris Heally, and Mark Belsky. I think that is the infamous brain trust running ya'lls company into the ground.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back