• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET PILOTS: Now what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I just asked my new "fresh-out-of-IOE" F/O how the new "pay scheme" affected him, and his salary went from just over $34K p/yr to just over $26K p/yr. As for me, I just went from just under $61K p/yr to just under $47K p/yr. No matter how you look at it, that's just not great news.

Last edited:
Wow.. If that's true, that is quite a hit off the guarentee.. I am sorry for the previous post. I assumed they left your pay the same! Again keep me posted to any changes. Thanks guys!

pilotyip said:
More days off, DC-9 15 off every 28 days, DA-20 13 off every 28 days. Now that is great news.

clansinclar said:
Well, I just asked my new "fresh-out-of-IOE" F/O how the new "pay scheme" affected him, and his salary went from just over $34K p/yr to just over $26K p/yr. As for me, I just went from just under $61K p/yr to just under $47K p/yr. No mater how you look at it, that's just not great news.
Pilotyip - what an a$$ - trying to tell everyone what great guys you are giving more days off while concealing the fact you are actually cutting pay approx. 25%. Why not just be honest and tell the whole story instead of the spouting the typical management bull$hit of trying to say a turd taste good?

You must really believe your signature line because it's obvious you don't believe a pilot should be paid decently.

Not that you had a lot of creditability to begin with, but you just lost the little you had left on these boards.

Last edited:
Certainly dont need a college degree to know you're getting bent over on this one!

Gulfstream 200 said:
Certainly dont need a college degree to know you're getting bent over on this one!

Damm....as I read this thread, I thought the same thing....but somebody beat me to it! :mad:

Hey guys, lighten up on pilotyip. You have to know the man. He's just trying to maintain a positive mental attitude about the situation. It's actually one of the many things I like about him.

The "situation" is not his fault, and I happen to personally know that he does believe pilots should be paid well for what they do. While he does do the "management song and dance routine" from time to time, I believe he does what he does in order to remain in a position to help us pilots as much as he can as a manager.

As disheartening as this situation is, the thing that gets me is that we've always been told that our owners have "deep" pockets, that USA Jets is in "good" hands, and that to come to work here is a "safe" bet. Yet, my experience here reaffirms that the only "safe" bet is that those "good" hands keep reaching "deep" into MY pockets everytime the economic situation turns sour. What really saddens me is that now I feel like we've finally stooped to the Ameristar level. Until now, I've always felt like we were the premier outfit in our industry.

Maybe our "arrogance" is coming back to haunt us. I realize now, that we aren't any safer a gamble as a career choice than anyother outfit in this industry. I heard that our D.O. is directly quoted as saying to the pilots at the meeting today, "If the 'goes-outtas' keep exceeding the 'goes-intas' at the current rate, USA Jet has about 3-4 months to live."

For the first time in my aviation career, I'm seriously taking a hard look at maybe perhaps being a truck driver might be the way to go from here. It's not just our company that's in trouble in this industry. We all know this. United, US Air, etc.? God knows, who'll be next. Fuel prices, FAA mandates/regulations, and a host of other things has wrought havoc on our industry.

The trouble with all this is that there doesn't seem to be any end of it in sight. I'm beginning to think that there really isn't anybody smart enough to lead our industry out of this quagmire. The "Unions" have failed to protect their members, "Industry Management" has proven to be inept, and we pilots continue to be hopeless addicts to "flying", willing to endure anything just to stay in an aircraft and in the air.

Last edited:
clansinclair said:
Hey guys, lighten up on pilotyip. You have to know the man. He's just trying to maintain a positive mental attitude about the situation. It's actually one of the many things I like about him.

The "situation" is not his fault, and I happen to personally know that he does believe pilots should be paid well for what they do. While he does do the "management song and dance routine" from time to time, I believe he does what he does in order to remain in a position to help us pilots as much as he can as a manager.

As disheartening as this situation is, the thing that gets me is that we've always been told that our owners have "deep" pockets, that USA Jets is in "good" hands, and that to come to work here is a "safe" bet. Yet, my experience here reaffirms that the only "safe" bet is that those "good" hands keep reaching "deep" into MY pockets everytime the economic situation turns sour. What really saddens me is that now I feel like we've finally stooped to the Ameristar level. Until now, I've always felt like we were the premier outfit in our industry.

Maybe our "arrogance" is coming back to haunt us. I realize now, that we aren't any safer a gamble as a career choice than anyother outfit in this industry. I heard that our D.O. is directly quoted as saying to the pilots at the meeting today, "If the 'goes-outtas' keep exceeding the 'goes-intas' at the current rate, USA Jet has about 3-4 months to live."

For the first time in my aviation career, I'm seriously taking a hard look at maybe perhaps being a truck driver might be the way to go from here. It's not just our company that's in trouble in this industry. We all know this. United, US Air, etc.? God knows, who'll be next. Fuel prices, FAA mandates/regulations, and a host of other things has wrought havoc on our industry.

The trouble with all this is that there doesn't seem to be any end of it in sight. I'm beginning to think that there really isn't anybody smart enough to lead our industry out of this quagmire. The "Unions" have failed to protect their members, "Industry Management" has proven to be inept, and we pilots continue to be hopeless addicts to "flying", willing to endure anything just to stay in an aircraft and in the air.

I'm a fomer "Detroiter"...got a couple of buddies that are design engineer's for GM. USA Jet must be getting hit hard by the downturn in the automotive industry...GM, Ford and Chrysler are hurting "big time" due to the lack of truck sales.

House_X said:
I'm a fomer "Detroiter"...got a couple of buddies that are design engineer's for GM. USA Jet must be getting hit hard by the downturn in the automotive industry...GM, Ford and Chrysler are hurting "big time" due to the lack of truck sales.

Not sure where you got your "Big time " quote. But Chrysler is doing a bit better than the GM or Ford.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050302/news_1b2autos.html

I wish GM and Ford would figure something the #^$#%#@ out because I am tired of not flying.

Wankel

If you want more days...come to evergreen! all the flying you want. Normal 16 day lines but Im out for 22. Great paycheck...but lots of work.

Its like upper mng to give...but they like to take. That sucks for you guys. If you all thinkin of movin on...PM me! We need good guys over here. Drinkin free german beer in FranKfurt..and getting paid!! What else do you need.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back