• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet isn't usual so quiet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh really, pilots are getting their days off? Oh, only as long as you have 5 days or more off in a row??? How unbelievably generous!!! How many lines are there with 5 in a row? Days off are days off, maybe you should spend less time on-line and help the company plan accordingly so that guys can get the time they have coming to them.

And no one was fired for buying crew meals with the company card? Maybe you should call some of the guys who were in Fred's office on Black Wednesday and find out what reasons they were given for being let go. Maybe it's only your son who is allowed to buy crew meals.

All lines are now built with blocks of 5 or more days, DA-20's majority either 2-5 day blocks every or 1-10 day block every 28 days, DC-9's 2-6 day or 1 -12 day block. Agian tail rotor you are an outsider and live on hear say.

I know one of the guys that was let go... He is absolutely a class act. I really hope these guys get their jobs back, especially him.

I know most of them and yes there might have been some guys that were, so called class acts, but how classie are you when you do something wrong. Maybe they didn't know or maybe they did, the out come is still the same, jobless. Some of those guys were real scammers and everyone who has ever worked with them know of at least two of whom I speak. Example, buying crew meals to take home to the kids. Good luck to the 8 who gave up their jobs so that the people who make an honest living can continue to do so.:)

What were these guys accused of doing? When I was there years ago, I couldn't think of any thing that we could do to rip off the Man. Were any of the old check airmen among those getting canned? There were some good guys there on the 9 when I was there.

You might want to ask Tail Rotorhead about it he seems to know it all and he says he doesn't work there. He's very informed from what he says.:laugh:

Abuse

These guys abused a lot of things. Credit card points wasn't the issue. Abusing the credit card to get points was the issue. These guys need to sack up and admit that they did something wrong instead of making excuses for why they got fired. It was nobody's fault but their own. They can make all of the excuses they want. Having large families, being the only spouse in the family employed, etc. should be a reason not to steal--NOT a reason to get to keep your job when you do steal. I don't feel bad.

We should all be glad that USA did the right thing and got rid of the guys that were stealing instead of the pilots just trying to make an honest living. I hope that they are crying at home about how it wasn't fair. Seeing as they were making so much money and were so dedicated why did they feel the need to steal??? Where I come from, you work for what you have....you don't steal it...NO MATTER HOW DEDICATED YOU ARE. These guys weren't losing sleep at night when they were stealing (i.e. abusing credit card points, crew meals, loading pay and hotels) so why should management lose sleep for getting rid of the crooks???

The board is quiet because a majority of the pilots at USA Jet feel the same way. They are greatful that the people that deserved to be let go first were. "Outsiders" go ahead and speculate based on what you have heard from those that were fired and then try to get the rest of the story from those that were involved in it. Many were friends of the pilots and management and well liked, however, that doesn't give them a free pass.

The board is quiet because a majority of the pilots at USA Jet feel the same way. They are greatful that the people that deserved to be let go first were.

Well, (almost) everybody is afraid to be next. That's really why everyone lays low right now and waits for the dust to settle... Understandable.

Many were friends of the pilots and management and well liked, however, that doesn't give them a free pass.

Well, at least yips offspring seems to have gotten one? That has not been disputed by YIP or anyone else yet.

The issue is not whether the firings were deserved or not, the issue is why certain ones were spared while others were let go with NO warning.

And YIP, it says it right in your profile, "manager". Maybe you should change it to DA-20 Standards Scorekeeper or Coffee Clerk or something if you insist on not being management. :D

Howdy,
Howie

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back