• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet isn't usual so quiet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, so let me get this straight from recent posting from yip and others on USA Jet:

- Layoffs and paycuts on a whim
- no crewmeals
- no airlining home on days off
- no loading pay
- average flying 300 hrs a year (!)
- mx being outsourced to the cheapest bidder
- senior pilots getting axed over some bogus claims
- senior management spending hours on end on flightinfo promoting not getting a college education and hoping for some hiring boom in the future

Why should I consider applying at JUS again? I'd rather fly at Ameristar or Cherry or Kalitta, at least they are upfront that they just use you as their bitch. But at least you get more flying and can move on quicker.

Man, that little credibility you had is just out the window.

The facts

Everett what are we going to do about you, again somewhat misinformed
Layoffs and pay cuts on a whim –
Yea kinda, but not a whimsical as you would infer. When there is no business and you will go out of business without cutting costs these things happen at all companies. If you don't do this, the ultimate pay cut comes. The company goes out of business i.e. ExpressNet, Zantop, and Reliant. Everyone in the on-demand cargo business is suffering.

Last edited:
Just the facts part 2

No crew meals: Not true, crews still get meals anytime that both crewmembers will not be released to go get a meal on their own. Gone is 2 crewmembers going to the Outback on the company credit card
- no airlining home on days off: Not true, if a crewmember 5 or more days in a row off, they will be brought home to YIP. Gone is coming home for the two days of vacation in the middle of a line. Note: This was the original intention of the days off policy, but in a attempt to accommodate everyone the schedule started having too many blocks of days off in the bid period.
- No loading pay- Not true, there will still be loading pay, but many times loading was paid to the ground handler and the flight crew at the same time, there was abuse in the loading pay with a large % going to just a few pilots. They were working the system.
- Average flying 300 hrs a year (!) See the post above, we staffed to fly as we did last year, there is not much business. Based upon flying in the DA-20 for the last two months, the DA-20 pilots are on track for a 500-hour year.
- Mx being outsourced to the cheapest bidder - Not exactly true, with only a few DA-20 "C" checks per year, the DA-20 "C" check are being done by a contractor. Line maintenance is still in house and very good.
- Senior pilots getting axed over some bogus claims – No Comment

Last edited:
The Facts part 3

Senior management spending hours on end on flightinfo promoting not getting a college education and hoping for some hiring boom in the future - Are you referring to me as senior management? If so please put me in for my pay raise. No one reports to me, I am as stated before a score keeper and a clerk. I rarely meet with senior management, unless I am assigned a project or other tasks. I teach ground schools, recruit, give check rides, and work everyday to make USA Jet a better place to work. It must be working because when I came to USA Jet 1997, the turnover was 50% per year. For the last few years it has been in the 10% range. Senior pilots stay at USA Jet

why should I consider applying at JUS again? I'd rather fly at Ameristar or Cherry or Kalitta, at least they are up front that they just use you as their bitch. But at least you get more flying and can move on quicker. If you feel this would not be a good place to work they you owe it yourself and USA Jet to make sure that that you never apply or accept a job at USA Jet. Best of luck in your future pursuits.

Man, that little credibility you had is just out the window. It is not about credibility; it is about the facts

Yes or No question, Randy: were you the manager that fired these pilots? If so, then you are not "just a clerk."

Mark me up as just a clerk, I was not there.

I'm happy those 8 crooks are gone. They got what was coming to them. Poor, poor over payed pilots. See ya!!

YIP, exactly what is the score?

Latest resources

Back