• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet isn't usual so quiet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at YIP day before yesterday, it looked like the whole fleet was parked on the east ramp. I've never seen that many JUS planes parked like that before. What's up with that?

It sounds like what they are doing there is like anyother company in corporate america today. Finding people to do the same job more productivly at lower wages.

Well - I understand what Tailroter head is saying - but it wasn't just once and it wasn't just contract fuel "misunderstandings" or points. I have heard of unauthorized rental cars, food, use of other hotels other than where the reservations were made. The dollar amounts I have heard are staggering.

As I understand, cuts in all departments were needed. The head honchos in flight ops realized that by cutting the unauthorized charges that a few pilots were making (by that were not following company policies with regard to the use of company credit cards) , many other pilots who had not violated company policy would be retained.

Like Everett Howe said, you can earn a lot of points filling up a DC-9 by charging the retail price of gas as opposed to contract fuel. It is possible that a Captain on a -9 could cost the company $6,000 additional by not taking contract fuel, at ONE fuel stop. Multiple this by number of fuel stops a trip and number of trips a month by a number of months - it can get to be a big number. In fact, that number can be the cost of a Falcon or DC-9 First officer.

Well - I understand what Tailroter head is saying - but it wasn't just once and it wasn't just contract fuel "misunderstandings" or points. I have heard of unauthorized rental cars, food, use of other hotels other than where the reservations were made. The dollar amounts I have heard are staggering.

That might be true, I don't have the full picture. But if it's true that Yip Jr. was spared and everybody else was fired without a warning thats a huge injustice and quite harsh.

But I guess if you mess with B.H.'s money you're f.u.cked. :D

Oh, and by the way, the person paying/auditing the amex bills should be fired too.

Howie

So can someone still get a job with no college and a $100,000.00/yr salary in his twenties in this profession? YIP??

This goes back a few year ago, but I was picking up freight at GSP and there was also a JUS Falcon waiting for freight. I was talking to the crew and one of the things that I remember them saying is that whoever is in charge of hiring liked to hire guys with some sort of skeleton in their closet. That does not mean that that is the only kind of pilot that was hired, just they liked them because they knew they would be sticking around. Anyway, they were apparently called "lifers" as that would more than likely be their only ever 121 job. For the most part these were guys that maybe got a DUI or something along those lines. So what I have to wonder is if any of these 8 guys who were fired are any of the so called "lifers" that now have a huge up hill battle to find another job. I also wonder if there will be any wrongful termination lawsuits over this. It sure will be interesting to hear how this all plays out.

Latest resources

Back