USA Jet isn't usual so quiet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tail Rotorhead

Everyone afraid to post? Worried you might be next in the witch hunt? I'm surprised the board is so quiet after yesterdays firings.

i read your post in the lost cause thread, were these falcon guys/dc-9 guys or both? maybe everyone is busy looking for a new job. best of luck gentlemen. out of curiosity i was wondering if you could expand on the reason for firing.

No comment.

i read your post in the lost cause thread, were these falcon guys/dc-9 guys or both? maybe everyone is busy looking for a new job. best of luck gentlemen. out of curiosity i was wondering if you could expand on the reason for firing.
It was some DC-9 Captains and some Falcon Captains - it was not done in senority order. As I understand, those pilots who were let go were "for cause". Also, there might be more coming - it's unclear how many are being let go.

Also, from what I heard JUS is parking Falcons and DC-9s this week. Don't know the exact numbers today, but from what I heard it was about 1/3 or more of the planes that are flying now (they already have a lot not flying).

They are cutting more than pilots - I heard a lot of mechanics are being cut too.

It was some DC-9 Captains and some Falcon Captains - it was not done in senority order. As I understand, those pilots who were let go were "for cause". Also, there might be more coming - it's unclear how many are being let go.

Also, from what I heard JUS is parking Falcons and DC-9s this week. Don't know the exact numbers today, but from what I heard it was about 1/3 or more of the planes that are flying now (they already have a lot not flying).

They are cutting more than pilots - I heard a lot of mechanics are being cut too.

What do you mean by "parking" planes? They always just sit around when there are no trips to fly. Do you mean they are deferring mx, like last year?

Anyways, the 100% paycut for eight very senior pilots should help payroll quite a bit...

All Ameristar did was change the schedule, they even fixed the issues with it when people spoke up. They didn't fire anyone or reduce pay.

Some of the most senior and hard working people at the company (not all of them were, but a few) were let go, for supposed cause. Although, no one was told what they were doing was wrong, there was no policy on the matter, no one was given a warning or counseled about it. It was not a matter of safety or insubordination. They were earning credit card points when using the company cards. Hardly seems like life or death. It was brought up a few weeks ago at a pilot meeting, records were checked and so far 8 people, minus the ring leader who told everyone how to do this supposed terrible thing, were let go. People who had worked at the company 12 or 14 years were let go. Maybe they were singled out because they had the biggest salaries?? As I said, the one glaring omission was left of the list of pink slips, nepotisism is alive and well at USA Jet. There is talk of layoffs, paycuts and letting mechanics go in favor of contract mechanics so they can get around paying a decent wage or providing salary and benefits. Keeping in mind that since they started passenger charters the role of mechanic has meant spending weeks on the road just as the pilots do. What a way to thank the guys who have worked hard to keep the passenger ops running smoothly.

I don't understand how earning points was wrong? Did it cost the company somehow? I've earned points every company card I've ever had.

I don't understand how earning points was wrong? Did it cost the company somehow? I've earned points every company card I've ever had.

If you pay for fuel with it even though there is contract fuel available there might be a problem. Can you imagine how many points you earn for one fill up on the -9? ;)

There is no evidence that anyone other than ONE person intentionally bought fuel outside of contract in order to accumulate points. That person was not fired, the only one who admitted to it and told others that he intentionally bought fuel outside of contract was not punished in any way. Any guesses why? There is nothing to prove these guys intentionally bought fuel outside of contract just to accumulate points, it is actually a pretty common occurence that for whatever reason the contract account info is unable to be verified and fuel is bought on credit. The deal was that the company would then contact the FBO and be credited the difference for contract fuel once the info could be verified. No one was told this was wrong or a problem, no one was counseled, one week it was brought up as an issue, the next week heads are rolling.

Latest resources

Back