USA Jet IS a lost Cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Calling it Quits

The English language is comprised of twenty-six letters, ten numbers and a multitude of symbols which allows us to freely express our feelings and emotions. I have routinely shown my dissatisfaction with the leadership at this company and its managorial abilities. Eight individuals were wrongfully released then were properly returned and reinstated for something they did not do. In return an individual was retired early on Friday morning for being part of this wrongful termination. This individual was and is a good friend of mine, He taught me many things over the many many years I knew him. I was honored to have worked with and flown with such an individual. I never thought that it would come to this, because of this I have elected to search for other employment. I can no longer standby and watch what is happening at USA Jet/Active Aero, I only wish that the investors could see our senior management for what they really are. I will no longer waste my effort on writing my opinions on this company. I have selected twenty-three letters, no numbers and three symbols to show my feelings. Hopefully more pilots will look and find other jobs.

Hi!

USA Jet needed to be hiring months ago, but they're not yet. Currently, there's "0" chance of going directly into the -9, but, chances are, you wouldn't have to wait long, once the hiring starts.

Make a great day for yourself!
cliff
YIP

Trucking saved our Bacon

Senior management is the main problem with USA JET. Mostly that guy who sits at the end of the hall. He has no clue on what he is doing and never will. PTM is sucking the life out of USA JET and that is his plan. I would like to see PTM and USA JET go head to head and see which one makes more, better yet, which one is self supportive and makes their payroll payments. By the way, have you seen Active Aero's new website? Looks like Chris is taking this part of the company down as well.
This fall the PTM flow through to the airline has been the difference between some hard times and a not so bad fall. Air shipments are down, but we are above last years flying due to the trucking flow through. BTW UPSand FedEx are also trucking companies, it does work.

I thik that we should welcome our new DO with open arms and a UNION vote. Maybe we can get Teamsters Local 747, they are freight related. A UNION would make Danny Boy feel more familiar and make CH very upset. Just let him explain himself in front of the board. I would vote ALPA if we had too.

Oh boy 747, there is a great one decertified by UPS, decertified by Net Jets, and got holding the bag when Zantop pretended to go out of business where they made sure they took dues out of our last paychecks. BTW After Zantop decided not to go out of business 747 made a deal with Zantop management that paid the L-188 Captain less than USA Jet DA-20 Captains and they had fewer days off. Is that what someone wants?

I thik that we should welcome our new DO with open arms and a UNION vote. Maybe we can get Teamsters Local 747, they are freight related. A UNION would make Danny Boy feel more familiar and make CH very upset. Just let him explain himself in front of the board. I would vote ALPA if we had too.

I can put you in touch with the folks in Herndon who do the organizing activities for ALPA if you'd like. It's about time the USAJet pilots had a union.

What would a union do?

I can put you in touch with the folks in Herndon who do the organizing activities for ALPA if you'd like. It's about time the USAJet pilots had a union.
What would a union do? besides collect dues?

Don't get me started... ;-) I've got a union at my current place of employment and I'm very happy to have it. In the end, we're a non-scheduled carrier just like USA jet (we even have one type of reserve with an hour from call until airborne but it's never used) and our contract works just fine. A union is only as strong as it's members - whether the name on the card is ALPA, Teamsters, IPA or whoever there are still crewmembers doing the work in the position.

As for a union at USA Jet - well guys, you had your chance. The group voted and it was voted down. Maybe some of you have seen the light with all the changes at USA Jet since 2004, but from what I know, I haven't heard enough dissension to make a union vote a reality over there.

Use those dues to enforce, by law, the rules of engagement - otherwise known as a contract. Honest companies with honest management have nothing to fear. On the other hand the disingenuous have every reason to avoid unions. Hint: disingenuous = management. Alpa is better than nothing, Teamsters are better than alpa, and some Teamster locals are better than their counter parts at providing the bang for the buck.

To be non-union in today's environment is akin to bending over and clasping ankles in the vain hope that an act of surrender will somehow prevent you from taking it where it hurts. It won't.

Best to grow a pair, get organized and hold your ground. The paid dues are nothing compared to a protected quality of life, enhanced salary and legal representation.

Latest resources

Back