• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet IS a lost Cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would a union do? besides collect dues?

Get them a binding agreement with improvements for their quality of life and paycheck. Get them protection from discipline. Get them a voice in their career on Capital Hill. Need I go on? We've been over all of this before, yip.

Teamsters are better than alpa

*snicker* Besides being utterly corrupt, the IBT simply doesn't know what they're doing in representing pilots. Some local branches, specifically ABX and NetJets, are able to do great work for their pilots, but it's in spite of the IBT, not because of it.

*snicker* Besides being utterly corrupt, the IBT simply doesn't know what they're doing in representing pilots. Some local branches, specifically ABX and NetJets, are able to do great work for their pilots, but it's in spite of the IBT, not because of it.

I have to hijack the thread for a rebuttal - sorry.

THREAD OFF:

Alpo live in the white collar 70s, Darwin's engine ran them over a longtime ago. Alpo is dead/ bleeding meat on the airline highway; all our heads bowed in reverence: RIP Alpo. Today labor, as in pilots, are a commodity to be bought and sold on the open market. Best have representation that recognizes this fact and works within its realities to maximize that which can be attained.

PCL-128, what would you know about a good contract? You're Alpo (woof-woof), so by default you don't have one. Poor baby, but your own fault for putting a vote of trust in Alpo. There are consequences to misjudgment with ignorance providing little in the way of mitigation.

My present contract may, by an outside chance, perhaps be contrary to IBT representation - but the general malaise of the aviation industry from labor's perspective is certainly due to a decade of Alpo incompetence. Pontificate upon that fact next time you dreamily stare at your wipe-clean laminated poster of Worthless/ Pratman/ fearless Alpo leader-of-the-hour pin-up-boy.

Poor deluded PCL-128. Never mind little one; there's hope for you yet. Once dragged around the block a couple of times even an Alpo acolyte such as yourself might see the light. I fear however that you and your type are obstacles rather than attributes to labor's success.

Alpo is yesterday's news, sailing west into the sunset with all hands on deck and heads firmly inserted. AMF Alpo, although doing well at AAA so I hear with the popular Alpo 65 retirement soon to take effect - although most dues paying members are against it. But screw the majority, eh? They just pay dues, what do they know?

IBT/independents are the present/future, Alpo are the unsavory echo of a less than auspicious dying past.

Now back to the thread. For PCL -128: back to your failing QOL Pax carrier and Alpo worship thing. I sincerely hope it brings you joy - but we both know that it ultimately won't.

Back to the thread. My apologies for the diversion.

THREAD ON:

I'm not even going to waste my time responding to the incorrect points of someone who is so juvenile that he feels misspelling it as "Alpo" is humorous and intelligent. :rolleyes:

By the way, I don't work for an "Alpo" carrier. I used to, but not for a little while now. I work at a carrier with one of the independent union that you think are so great, and it is far inferior to "Alpo."

ALPA is the union of Mesa pilots, look how far that got them. I left that company in part because the lack of unity, and lack of support from ALPA for the regional carriers. I filed 9 legitimate grievances, and heard back on none of them. I will not vote for a ALPA union at USA Jet. I may not have experience in all types of unions, but that one left a sour taste for me.

ALPA is the union of Mesa pilots

It's also the union of the FedEx pilots. ALPA is a set of resources. It's up to your local reps to use those resources effectively.

It's also the union of the FedEx pilots. ALPA is a set of resources. It's up to your local reps to use those resources effectively.
ALPA is what you make it, a disinterested,uninvolved pilot group gets flaccid results,a committed,organized pilot group gets better results. You,every individual pilot,are the union. Some shops (FedEx) get it, some (Mesa) don't.

As is the IBT. ABX pilot's of Local 1224 have done fairly well. Local 747 is another matter. This is true of any union. A union is as strong as it's local membership.

As is the IBT. ABX pilot's of Local 1224 have done fairly well. Local 747 is another matter. This is true of any union. A union is as strong as it's local membership.

True. The difference is in the resources that are available to you. ALPA pilot groups have a lot more resources available to them than 1224 pilots do. The 1224 pilots are lucky to have some excellent local representation. Imagine those excellent local reps with even more resources at their disposal.

True. The difference is in the resources that are available to you. ALPA pilot groups have a lot more resources available to them than 1224 pilots do. The 1224 pilots are lucky to have some excellent local representation. Imagine those excellent local reps with even more resources at their disposal.

Just what, exactly, are those "additional resources" that ALPA has and IBT does not? I'm sure enquiring minds would like to know.

Latest resources

Back