• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet firee's/furloughee's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The single thought of a pager going off at 3am, and you've been asleep for 3 hours, MAYBE, is enough to scare most folks away who already experienced that.

Not enough to scare me away Metro.

The single thought of a pager going off at 3am, and you've been asleep for 3 hours, MAYBE, is enough to scare most folks away who already experienced that.

no,even better,you lay your head down at 10:30 PM,and the pager sings,NO SLEEP FOR YOU ! ,you are going to be flying all night,and into the next afternoon,cheers !

Getting no sleep in inevitable at some point if your living on a pager, but if you manage your sleep with where you are in the rotation you don't get bit as often. I'm not saying it is a easy thing to do, but it can be done, safely, and efficiently. Also, if your fatigued, your fatigued. Thats life. But don't abuse it.

yeah,i lived on the beep,beep for 12 years,awesome flying,some of the best of my life,but those night after nights after nights,those hard days nights when the freight was booming ,were in a word exhausting,no fatigue policy in effect back in the 80s-90s stoneage.

Getting no sleep in inevitable at some point if your living on a pager, but if you manage your sleep with where you are in the rotation you don't get bit as often. I'm not saying it is a easy thing to do, but it can be done, safely, and efficiently. Also, if your fatigued, your fatigued. Thats life. But don't abuse it.

Much respect for the guys that do.

I say we grab some Beck's Dark and forget the whole thing ?

LMAO, he was a street Captain! He did things our way from the get-go though so he is one of us now! I don't know why he still thinks he's gonna get fired all the time.

I think the biggest problem with the guys not working out are they won't stop doing things the way their previous operator did things. Standardization is a big issue for any operator or at least it should be because it is the safest way to operate an airplane.
One thing I won't stand for is poor maintenance and after I look inside anyone elses Falcons or Lears out there, I know I am at the right place.

KFS has a great management team and the SOP's in place are top-notch, put together by a very respected individual. (at least by me...jokes) Currently the maint is far superior from what I've seen out there.

Latest resources

Back