USA Jet firee's/furloughee's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avbug

For those still in the YIP area looking for work, Kalitta Charters just put an add on Climbto350 for Falcon and Lear 1st officers. I don't know how the pay compares between the two, but if you're qualified and out of work and not finding anything...they're announcing openings.

The add says two weeks one, one off. Twenty nine to thirty eight thousand to start. Not a lot, but it may be something for those who are out of work.

Is it true that working at Charters ruins your chances at K4?

Are there any Falcons based at MOR?

Last edited:
I don't know, but if you're in the area it wouldn't hurt to drop in a resume. I'm sure the former Falcon experience would be a strong plus. I would also expect that if you indicated that your eventual goal might be to move to other equipment, it wouldn't be held against you. I can't imagine that they expect someone to come aboard and plan to stay there forever.

Are there any Falcons based at MOR?

Not really and not really.

If you want to work at Kalitta Air, the best thing to do is apply there. Theoretically they should have a better flow-thru program in place but there isn't because it's technically a different company. There is one, but it is written in a way that it is almost impossible to do. Only 1 guy in the last 8 years has done it if that says anything about it. There is a slightly better chance at going to the 727 or 9 but even that isn't going to work out easy.

It's a really good place to work though but we (the pilot group) don't want anymore "street captains" they don't work out. I'm not sure if they are even looking at hiring any more but still, they don't work out.

It doesn't ruin your chances at K4, however working at K9(that's right K9 is now our official IATA) will lock you into K9. We have a unofficial no compete clause with K4. What that means is you can't just apply at K4 without approval from K9 management.
Just like Gearmonkey said the way the flow-thru is worded it requires a large excess of captains which is not in the business model. So in summary if you are interested in K4 do not come to K9 because you will be locked in.
As Gearmonkey said, street captains usually don't work at K9. As with any company they are frowned upon within the pilot group. There are plenty of good FOs that deserve the upgrade.

Why do they not "work out"?

I understand the group not wanting anymore street Captains, but can you fault a typed pilot applying for the position?

Why don't they just upgrade people?

I would do it, I know a few regional guys who want to do this as well.

I have something else in the fryer personally, but some of you laid off DA20 guys need to send in your info.

DO IT.

Why do they not "work out"?

I understand the group not wanting anymore street Captains, but can you fault a typed pilot applying for the position?

Why don't they just upgrade people?

I think the biggest problem with the guys not working out are they won't stop doing things the way their previous operator did things. Standardization is a big issue for any operator or at least it should be because it is the safest way to operate an airplane.

I'm not going to get into specifics but our GM keeps a close eye on us and how we operate, making sure we do it his way. Most of the time that is a bad thing at most airlines, but in this case, this guy is the best out there, not to sound like pilotyip, but anyone that has come through here has to agree that is why we are who we are. We lead by example and don't have the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.

We are upgrading people but it is a long process because we do it safe and we do it right. Generally when you get word you are upgrading, it is at least 3-6 months before you get your checkride.

Can't fault you though, we are hiring and honestly it is a good place to work, otherwise I would have been gone long ago. One thing I won't stand for is poor maintenance and after I look inside anyone elses Falcons or Lears out there, I know I am at the right place. We, at least the Falcon guys, are pretty tight with the mechanics, mostly due to Dover, and it works out for everyone.

I hate the pager! lol Yeah, I guess it sure would be tough to replace me wouldn't it.

Latest resources

Back