• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet firee's/furloughee's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah,i lived on the beep,beep for 12 years,awesome flying,some of the best of my life,but those night after nights after nights,those hard days nights when the freight was booming ,were in a word exhausting,no fatigue policy in effect back in the 80s-90s stoneage.

This is one of the best explanations of a fright dog’s life I have ever read. I think IFL was Part 119 back then, you could fly your a$$ off then. You sir are a man’s man.

This is one of the best explanations of a fright dog’s life I have ever read. I think IFL was Part 119 back then, you could fly your a$$ off then. You sir are a man’s man.

Thanks brother,we were pt.125 with the Convairs,and DC4,which was 16 hours of flight/duty,and only 8 hours rest, the DC3s were pt.135 supplemental,which was only slight less insane ,with the flight/duty times, to IFL's credit,if you were burnt they let you take 12 hrs rest,but after some trips 24 hrs off would barely bring you up to par.

Last edited:
I just found out (though I'm sure this is old news by now) that KFS's DO and CP have changed hands. From my experience, the new DO and CP are great guys. I'm sure KFS is becoming a better place to work every day!

The DO moved up to GM, CP moved up to DO, and one of the senior training captains/check airman moved up to CP.

That new CP is a real a-hole, that's what I heard! He's always out looking to fire me.

Latest resources

Back