USA 3000 Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't get your hopes up

Still have 30 on furlough. We are suppose to be called back for December. If all of the furloughees do not come back when the recalls happen then they will need to run a class to cover the flying. I am sure they will get a bunch of recommendations. I know I will be putting in at least 3. Not only will you need a recommendation, but I am sure they will be looking for people already typed in the 320.

Right now they are only collecting resumes to have on file in case they need to hire. There is no growth at U3K. If you are hired, plan on another furlough from April - December.

--N2F

Recall Notice

FYI--

Recall notices started showing up in mailboxes today. We have 1 week to reply if we are coming back or not.

N2F

There are f/o's who are not returning and they(company) will probably have to run a small class. As was said earlier, this is a seasonal job for the bottom 20 to 30 guys. There is a better than 50/50 chance that group will get furloughed again. This time earlier than last as in April, at the end of the winter season. So you have to ask yourself; Do I want to come some place for essentially 5 months and be back on the street? Your call.

Who really knows what is going to happen. Angus is gone and the new COO starts in November. The latest talk is pilots going with the airplanes to Europe instead of a furlough this spring. But nobody really knows anything until the new guy starts and gives a sense of where he is headed.

I hope this new guy works out. Anyone have any news on him? Also, my letter says they are recalling 28. I know of 3 who aren't coming back. Seems 27 should be the magic number.

This is not flame bait, but someone who was going to be doing some flying for us may not be around come December. Unfortunately, that may be good news to U5.

This is not flame bait, but someone who was going to be doing some flying for us may not be around come December. Unfortunately, that may be good news to U5.

The question is where would they take an airplane from? My understanding is that the winter schedule is pretty much set for U5. I don't know if we'd be in a position to take over flying for another carrier on such short notice.

More opportunities are always nice. Too bad it may come due to the misfortune of another carrier. Nobody wants to see that.

Latest resources

Back