• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA 3000 Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bunch of former furloughed America West pilots were there in the beginning of 2002. They left after a few months. They got hired, trained and typed and then left. Thats when U3K started to ask for resignation letters and training contracts. I believe they no longer require resig. letters and training contracts. Former Union President at USA3000 was a furloughed USAIR pilot who did a lot of good work for the Union at U3k. He is now back at USAIR and is in good standing with the Union. He is a true Union pilot.

M

A bunch of former furloughed America West pilots were there in the beginning of 2002. They left after a few months. They got hired, trained and typed and then left. Thats when U3K started to ask for resignation letters and training contracts. I believe they no longer require resig. letters and training contracts. Former Union President at USA3000 was a furloughed USAIR pilot who did a lot of good work for the Union at U3k. He is now back at USAIR and is in good standing with the Union. He is a true Union pilot.

M
True. A very sharp, knowledgable guy. Hated to see him leave. Mgt. on the other hand was glad to see him go. He was smarter than they were!

I heard the only United pilot they will consider re-hiring is the Fantasian. Inside joke, obviously.

The latest just in.....
All forloughees accepted recall effective dec 9th and 10 newhires start class the 11th of nov.
Take care.
Joe.

The latest just in.....
All forloughees accepted recall effective dec 9th and 10 newhires start class the 11th of nov.
Take care.
Joe.

I knew about everyone accepting recall, but where did you hear about a new-hire class? Have not seen any announcement. Then again, have not seen any announcement of re-starting service to PIE in December, other than from the media.

I got a call from a good friend that i helped with getting the interview saying he had a class date nov 11th. Glad to hear about PIE(is that confiremed?). The loads there were still in the 90% the last week we did them, and when I asked the pax they said they would gladly pay more to fly on us. So i never understood why we stopped, but then again i never have the big picture.

Take care.
Joe.

Latest resources

Back