• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US West east coast bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool!! TDY in PHL. The first Cheese Steak Sandwich is on me. My guess is the Holiday Inn in Essington.:cool:

That would be the most expeditious way, but also very expensive. As easies were recalled, the number of westies assigned east could drop.

I am certain that USAPA (who by accepting any money) is working hard to represent those west pilots who stand to be hurt by this drawdown in flying and will tirelessly pursue strategies such as these to help mitigate such effects.

Don't laugh. They are.

Stop it.

Now you're making me laugh!

If US is forced to reduce the east headcount as a result of the filed injunction but cannot reduce the airframe count due to the TA, could we be looking at US opening east bases to crew east aircraft with west pilots? Absent any relief on the airframe reduction, that looks like the only feasible option to me.

Seems like a lot of wasted money on lawyers.

The guys/gals marked for furlough are all going to get furloughed. The time frames may change, that’s all.

A successful lawsuit just means the company will be forced to accelerate the furloughs on the east side. Congrats on helping people out the door a little faster.

You are absolutely right in saying that we need to be united. Unfortunately, if the west was to 'unite' with the east that would leave a very 'united' east and not much would be left of the west. It would be a Kamikaze move which would result in career suicide. Do you really think that would be best for the west? Remember that before the east overthrew ALPA, based only on a significant advantage in numbers, we were one 'union' in the midst of contract negotiations. The mass on the east did not like the result of binding arbitration and created this chasm.

Everything in the world is decided on majority or the more "significant numbers."

Seems like a lot of wasted money on lawyers.

The guys/gals marked for furlough are all going to get furloughed. The time frames may change, that’s all.

A successful lawsuit just means the company will be forced to accelerate the furloughs on the east side. Congrats on helping people out the door a little faster.

And I'm sure if you were being furloughed out of seniority, you'd be fine with it. Riiiiggghhht.

You need to read the lawsuit documents before you make posts like this.

And I'm sure if you were being furloughed out of seniority, you'd be fine with it. Riiiiggghhht.

Hummm... Out of seniority? Who's view of the seniority? ALPA certainly created a can of worms with the whole J4J and MDA issues...

But the facts remain in place. There were hundreds of US Air pilots that were NOT on furlough when this merger was announced. Yet these Hundreds of non-furloughed US Air pilots were placed below the most junior AWA pilot on the Nic list... even if your argument is relative seniority integration, this was not correct...

Wondering what will happen when this suit forces the re-opening of this can...

We were never one "union". We all paid tribute to the same oligarchs who peddled an apparition called the ALPA "union".

ALPA never provided any unity among its benefactors (the pilots benefitting the oligarchy).

ALPA is to blame for the virulent disunity and is relieved to have rid themselves of us until such a time as the chaos has subsided (finally the pilots hate someone besides ALPA, even it is themselves). In the future ALPA will be delighted to accept our tribute again.

For now pilots can scream about sour grapes all they wish while they cling to bitterness and the ALPA apparition. No one is going to force you to cast your vote, but unless/until ALPA returns you will find that a vote sways the reality we all live within.

Face it , it was not the union , it was your representatives! You should have thrown them all out, reelected new reps and sent them back to the table. Your pilot group was asleep at the wheel and let a handful dictate your future.... the same is happening again and in the mean time only Parker wins by saving money on your pay rates. Soon the lawyers will be winning too.....

Cool!! TDY in PHL. The first Cheese Steak Sandwich is on me. My guess is the Holiday Inn in Essington.:cool:

Or the s-hole Ramada down the street from Jims Steak and Cheese...

Yeah, I'm totally comfortable with it.....:puke:

Hummm... Out of seniority? Who's view of the seniority? ALPA certainly created a can of worms with the whole J4J and MDA issues...

But the facts remain in place. There were hundreds of US Air pilots that were NOT on furlough when this merger was announced. Yet these Hundreds of non-furloughed US Air pilots were placed below the most junior AWA pilot on the Nic list... even if your argument is relative seniority integration, this was not correct...

Even if DOH was used, the furloughs are still out of seniority. Look at the lists yourself. You would'nt stand for it one second if even one person junior to you remained on the property while you lost your job, and you know it. The least you guys can do is be honest about this crap. I don't give a rats azz about your stupid MDA and J4J issues. Most of our furloughees are senior to you on a DOH list, as well, not to mention the Nic, which will prevail, by the way.

Lets clear this up once and for all.

MDA was not a mainline position. If that did not sink in I will say it again. MDA was not a mainline position.

If MDA was a mainline position then recalls were not handled correctly.

Again MDA was not a mainline position and the planes said USAIRWAYS Express when the operation started.

One last time MDA was not a mainline position.

Latest resources

Back