• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US West east coast bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, that's funny.....!.....you're going to "clear this up once and for all" by repeating something several times on the Internet.

Jerry Glass orders that the planes say Express on the side and somehow that makes MDA it's own airline. Funny, it never had a certificate other than Mainline's.

And, yes, the recalls were handled incorrectly, as were the LOA 91 holds and freezes and a whole host of other things. There was just a grievance heard on much of it (not all....yet.)

But, yeah, for now, just repeating it on FI.com should do the trick :)

Kind of like Delta Express. That was Mainline. Well at least according to Delta pilots. Any Delta pilot want to confirm that Delta Express was mainline?

M

Lets clear this up once and for all.

MDA was not a mainline position. If that did not sink in I will say it again. MDA was not a mainline position.

If MDA was a mainline position then recalls were not handled correctly.

Again MDA was not a mainline position and the planes said USAIRWAYS Express when the operation started.

One last time MDA was not a mainline position.

What operating certificate were those Jungle Busses on? What was the callsign used during that operation? Where did every captain on those airplanes come from? Where are the guys who FLOWED from PDT / ALG to those 170's now?

Ah the I was hired by default flow ups are now the experts. LOL

You guys are right. When I got my MDA offer letters they were really mainline recall letters in disguise.

Everything in the world is decided on majority or the more "significant numbers."
On my morning jog today I came up with an almost-perfect analogy to describe what the East is doing.

Seniority is like a big jar of fresh-baked cookies.

Let’s say there’s a fourth-grade kid and his mom baked a big jar of cookies. He figured they were all for him but he was shocked when his mom invited his second-grade neighbor (whom he hates) over for a play date. She tells them, “These cookies are for you both to share. Now have a nice time and I’ll be back in two hours.” So what does the fourth-grader do? He’s bigger than his neighbor so he grabs the jar and eats almost all the cookies himself and gives the smaller boy just one. This is what most kids will do if left unsupervised.

But what if the mom had stayed in the room watching? In that case, the bigger boy would’ve shared the cookies equally because his mom was making him.

So obviously in this analogy the East is the bigger boy and the West is the smaller boy (and George Nicolau is mom). What’s actually occurred now is that the bigger boy anticipated what his mom was going to make him do so he grabbed the jar and ran away to hide and eat as many cookies as he could before his mom found him and made him share.

Of course, every parent knows what happens to greedy little children who eat too many cookies…

No, the big boy wasn't satisfied with his own cookies so he beat on the little boy until he gave him all his lunch money and then forced him to bring the big boy more money to pay for his fighting lessons. When the big boy's mom sees what an extortionist he's become she regrets ever making cookies for him. The big boy says it's not about the cookies, it never was about the cookies it's about getting even for all the times he was beat on when he was younger. So the little boy who by now is beaten, poor and malnourished goes to the principal of the school. The big boy says that's a waste of the principal's time and that the boy should spend more time earning money to give the big boy. He threatens that if the hush money stops, then things will really get bad and that his parents might put him up for adoption.

The little boy never even liked cookies to begin with.

Latest resources

Back