Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bringupthebird

Grumpy? Who-Me?
If US is forced to reduce the east headcount as a result of the filed injunction but cannot reduce the airframe count due to the TA, could we be looking at US opening east bases to crew east aircraft with west pilots? Absent any relief on the airframe reduction, that looks like the only feasible option to me.

I would think they would just furlough in proper order and re-route West AC to the east system.

I realize there are so many issues between both groups but when are you both going to realize that ALPA/USAPA or whatever you call yourselves, you ALL lose divided. I don't say this to slam anyone and I don't have a dog in this fight but it's truly sad to watch two great groups go down like this.

I realize there are so many issues between both groups but when are you both going to realize that ALPA/USAPA or whatever you call yourselves, you ALL lose divided. I don't say this to slam anyone and I don't have a dog in this fight but it's truly sad to watch two great groups go down like this.

You are absolutely right in saying that we need to be united. Unfortunately, if the west was to 'unite' with the east that would leave a very 'united' east and not much would be left of the west. It would be a Kamikaze move which would result in career suicide. Do you really think that would be best for the west? Remember that before the east overthrew ALPA, based only on a significant advantage in numbers, we were one 'union' in the midst of contract negotiations. The mass on the east did not like the result of binding arbitration and created this chasm.

You are absolutely right in saying that we need to be united. Unfortunately, if the west was to 'unite' with the east that would leave a very 'united' east and not much would be left of the west. It would be a Kamikaze move which would result in career suicide. Do you really think that would be best for the west? Remember that before the east overthrew ALPA, based only on a significant advantage in numbers, we were one 'union' in the midst of contract negotiations. The mass on the east did not like the result of binding arbitration and created this chasm.

And walked out of negotiations... Never to be seen from again......

Wait, then USAPA arrives, shows back up to the table..... shocking!

Only to negotiate a new deal for their side. Our contract is far superior (sad) and the AWA pilots have nothing to gain. Glass is not going to go above or beyond the current AWA contract..

Last edited:

We were never one "union". We all paid tribute to the same oligarchs who peddled an apparition called the ALPA "union".

ALPA never provided any unity among its benefactors (the pilots benefitting the oligarchy).

ALPA is to blame for the virulent disunity and is relieved to have rid themselves of us until such a time as the chaos has subsided (finally the pilots hate someone besides ALPA, even it is themselves). In the future ALPA will be delighted to accept our tribute again.

For now pilots can scream about sour grapes all they wish while they cling to bitterness and the ALPA apparition. No one is going to force you to cast your vote, but unless/until ALPA returns you will find that a vote sways the reality we all live within.

If US is forced to reduce the east headcount as a result of the filed injunction but cannot reduce the airframe count due to the TA, could we be looking at US opening east bases to crew east aircraft with west pilots? Absent any relief on the airframe reduction, that looks like the only feasible option to me.

Cool!! TDY in PHL. The first Cheese Steak Sandwich is on me. My guess is the Holiday Inn in Essington.:cool:

Latest resources

Back