US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
doubtful

I doubt they will make it all the way back UP the APL on the current bid.

When a new bid is released, they are contractually required to start at the TOP of the APL once again.

I would expect that they will call the poolies for 190 classes soon IF there are enough APL pilots who've accepted a 190 class that are now able to move up to a G2 slot. Any vacated 190 slots will almost certainly not be filled by APL pilots with G2 slots already nearing the bottom of the APL/CEL folks. Because of the unlimited bypass the poolies should be called for 190 slots regardless of the status of G2 recalls, but for a G2 slot they will most likely close out the APL before offering poolies those slots.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to get a poop letter soon and I have about 600 below me on the APL. With the uncertainty and morale at U it's just not a very attractive job right now.

Last edited:
With the uncertainty and morale at U it's just not a very attractive job right now.

Oh come on! We won't be bankrupt again for at least another 1-2 years. What more could you ask for.

The end of the list WAS officially reached today for this recall. They are now going back up the list with a "take it or leave it" offer. Since there are still Group II positions avaiable, there will not be an opportunity to by-pass. According to Charmane, when she reached the bottom of the list, there were still 73 open positions.

ALG,

Are you a mainline furloughee or were you a PSA/PDT to MDA guy? This is working out well for you if it's the latter? How many others are in your situation?

The end of the list WAS officially reached today for this recall. They are now going back up the list with a "take it or leave it" offer. Since there are still Group II positions avaiable, there will not be an opportunity to by-pass. According to Charmane, when she reached the bottom of the list, there were still 73 open positions.

what kind of timeframe do people have to respond to the letter? Also when are these recalled pilots going to be in class? Finally is there a link on the hub that shows names and awards of the recalls? Thanks....

Well atleast this is one positive thing going on at AAA right now.

I'm on the list of thanks, but no thanks. Jul '99 hire. Don't want to be junior to an '05 guy. I don't care how you slant it to make you sleep better at night, it just aint right.

ALG,

Are you a mainline furloughee or were you a PSA/PDT to MDA guy? This is working out well for you if it's the latter? How many others are in your situation?

I came from PDT to MDA. There were about 100 PDT pilots that went to MDA that are in this position. They have all been offered Group II position at this point.

As a side note, all 100+ pilots from the CEL that went to MDA came from PDT. Not one came from PSA. Most were from ALG, but technically ALG did not exist when we started flowing into MDA.

what kind of timeframe do people have to respond to the letter? Also when are these recalled pilots going to be in class? Finally is there a link on the hub that shows names and awards of the recalls? Thanks....

I'm not sure if new letters are being sent out. They sent everyone a letter for this bid, and are still trying to fill it. If they do send out new letters, you have 7 day to respond. We shall see...

You want to see something funny? Watch what happens when they go back up the list with the "take it or leave it" offer and then no-show the class. I'm betting no-shows will be 50% or better on recall classes staffed on the way back UP the list.

If the class isn't until August or September, why tell them "no thanks" right now? Accept the class and hold on to that last possibility for as long as possible.

Latest resources

Back