US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

Just heard this today, so take it for what it's worth. Anyways, individual about 10 from bottom got called for July 9th. Class. That's only the third class of about 20 recallees/class they are trying to fill, for the current 160 recalls. He bypassed, but was told expect another phone call next week for the take it or leave it. As those letters are going out today. She also said that, the bounce was going to be from the bottom of the Actual furloughees, and not the CEL guys on the bottom of the list. Said that all the furloughees will have to be hit with the take it or leave it offer, before any grp II is offered to a CEL guy......dunno how they figure that works.....

Again, just 3rd hand, but looks like the recall is bouncing off the bottom for just the third class, out of about 8.

Wonderful. Bouncing back up the list already. I wonder how long the "take it or leave it" will take to make it back up to the first "newhires" of Jan 99.

Hopefully we'll have closure on the seniority list so you guys don't have to decide in the blind.

Good luck deciding on this place, its either gonna be really great, or really awful; so far its the latter.

Just to be consistent with the other message baord... :)

Former CEL pilots are currently being offered classes of group II equipment. There will most likely be some accepting July classes...

I'd be shocked to see those furloughed in Oct or Dec '01 to be running back. I would have thought most would have gotten the good jobs at Air Tran, Fedex, SWA , Jet Blue or UPS by now.
I know alot went to NetJets. Not sure who will stay and who will return. Kind of surprised these first rounds of furloughees would return to the bottom with cuts in pay and probably seniority.
Just my thoughts
But then I could be wrong, I usually am.

Any ideas where this would leave the AWA poolies at (in terms of getting called?)

The AWA poolies have not been forgotten. As soon as 190 fo slots go unfilled the poolies will get called before any hiring is done off the street. Of course a poolie would be hired without knowing how many furloughees will eventually accept recall and come in senior to them. But if all the rhetoric from the furloughees is correct that they would NEVER come back junior to Dave Odell then you wouldn't have to worry much as a poolie. Of course there will be many bitter employee relations and looming lawsuits which will serve as background noise possibly for years to come.

Things will slow down once the age 65 comes in to play but the fact is in about 5-15 years there will be very large retirements coming to LCC. Definitely many of those retirements will be from FO ranks but if you're a new hire or poolie then they will all be senior to you. Factor in a little growth and the chance of getting a decent contract and Us Airways could be a decent place to be for the first time in 15 or so years....Definitely a gamble, but so is everything in the Airline industry these days.

Hopefully we get an administration that gives two sh#ts about working class union members....

Thanks for the reply!

Any ideas of how long it would take for a poolie to hold PHX after being hired? (pure speculation I understand.)

Latest resources

Back