• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well all the 190 slots were filled, last month or something. But those that took it were assigned classes over the next few months. With this bid going all the way down. Those that took the 190 and waiting class, supposedly can move up to Grp II as long as they haven't started class on the 190. (a few I know already have whom are held J4J guys) So the 190's are filled, but those will open up with guys going to Grp II before class. Which will leave 190 slots and Grp II slots open, depending on how many choose to come back as the recalls bounce off the bottom. Though it may not touch bottom, with the ex-CEL guys being offered recalls, would imagine their numbers would just about fill the Grp II slots, though alot of them are or will be held at republic/psa, so it might bounce anyways, and you'll have to see.

Who is Dave Odell? He was mentioned earlier and it was stated that no furloughees would come back junior to him. I don't work for you guys but have a few friends who do so i have been following the developments. Just curious, thanks.

Dave Odell is the last pilot hired by America West Before the Merger. The Nicolau award puts all pilots recalled from Furlough from USAirways on the date of the merger below him on the global seniority list.

Well just an update...

It appears today was a busy day. The present recall may very well hit bottom today. I just accepted a July 9th class for a group II position. I am a former CEL pilot about 60 numbers from the bottom. They will probably start with the "take it or leave it" offers this week...

Will they call the poolies most likely before they begin with the "take it or leave it" offers?

No. I believe that before they can call Poolies they want to get the final answer from the furloughees. (I think I read that on the ALPA board)

I think the way you will see this go down is that they will reach the bottom of the list, then they will work their way up with the take it or leave it offer. That will end this so-called APL list. Once that has happened, they will offer positions to the AWA poolies. While they were hired, they were never on the property, or the seniority list. After the AWA poolies have been offered positions, they will hire off the streets....

Latest resources

Back