US FO sticks it to FA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Preveous two posts nailed it.
Lousy CRM no matter who had the bigger ego though.
It's not that hard to solve any crew conflict. Usually you just have to be willing to listen and communicate with others and not let your ego get in the way (as bringingupthebird said).

Last edited:
Either way, any west airplane operated above about 45 degrees latitude is probably an accident waiting to happen :laugh:

Good thing that FA was experienced with ice....probably saved the ex mesa FO's bacon and everyone else's. He should just thank her and move on, but instead he sues. I guess that's the American way these days.

America West has been flying into Anchorage, Toronto, Vancouver, etc for years and never killed a single passenger. How many people have died on US Airways flights??

You are an idiot.....

I think I remember that the FA in question was either married to a pilot or dating one. So obviously she was an expert on winter ops....

We need a button up front that slams those window shutters closed. Or how bout the passengers and F/A/'s go in the belly, and the boxes get the window seats?

Man, as usual, no sense of humor with you west guys....I even used a gdmn emoticon. Whatevvverrrr.

I do think the pissing contest out of control analogy is probably accurate. Probably no wrong doing on the pilots part, but just thought y'all could handle some lighthearted fun. I have always respected AWA crews as good aviators.

Your Internet personalities need some polish, though. Gotta see a little humor in things, Fuuuuu%$#$#!

Sounds like a pissing contest that went out of control.

That, and I think CRM has gotten a little out of control to. I think the good has already been gotten out of CRM a long time ago, but some people have to keep adding to it and adding to it. Sometimes an overinflated sense of empowerment, aided in part by CRM out of control, can fuel an unnecessary pissing match.

Last edited:
That, and I think CRM has gotten a little out of control to. I think the good has already been gotten out of CRM a long time ago, but some people have to keep adding to it and adding to it. Sometimes an overinflated sense of empowerment, aided in part by CRM out of control, can fuel an unnecessary pissing match.

The overinflated sense of empowerment I'm referring to is on the part of the fas. At times some of them like to run the show, so to speak, and overdone CRM can contribute to that.

I can't believe this has gone on for three pages.

It's a defamation of character suit.

FAA isn't going to get involved; Company isn't going to get involved.

It's "he said, she said..."

T8

I don't see that this has anything to do with USAIR, ALPA, AFA, USAPA or anything else. This appears to me to be a dispute between individuals, both of whom happen to work for USAir.

The way I see it, the FA's were in the right to report the icing situation to the Captain. Likewise, they were in the right to report it to their employer if they felt that the Captain's response was out of line.

But when they went to the FAA, they were not employees trying to correct a situation, they were citizens questioning the rights, privileges, qualifications, and status of another citizen. This is a free country, and we can do that, but there are consequences to that action. They called into question this man's skills, qualifications, and judgement, potentially affecting his ability to earn a living. That's pretty serious stuff.

The 'rumour' on Pprune is that one of the FA's was the FO's ex-wife. If true, it explains all of the court cases and unprofessional conduct.

Latest resources

Back