• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
30 year olds??? Dude, it's been over 6 years since the buy out..

I was cleaning out the basement recently and in an old box I found some of my old airline crap. What's cool is I saved two Salary Survey magazines one from Future Airline Pilots of America (FAPA) dated 1989-1990 and one from AIR INC dated one decade later, 19999-2000. WOW you AWA guys really subsidized your airline. It is shocking how small your 757 rates and other benies were. Granted that for the first survey you guys were what 7 or 8 years old? So maybe you could be forgiven for that but at 18 years old you were still dragging the industry down quite a bit. Why? At 18 years old your ALPA reps had the negotiatimg power of Mesa. Enjoy your ALPA negotiated contract that you are still working under.

Your airline started in 1939 and you have the worst wages and work rules in the industry. You lose.

Q-1

A. I'm not a USAir pilot
B. This stupid "challenge" of yours is retarded because you know it can't be proven on this stupid website.
C. I know what Republic Captains make who have been there 6 years and it's embarassing for the amount of work they do and the size airplane they fly.
D. What started this whole topic was my simple observation of FO rates, which you morphed into a Captain top pay scale argument when nobody at Republic is, or ever will be, at that level.

You want to talk FOs- lets talk FOs- As embarrassed as you may be- and as deserving of more republic capts may be- I know too- and I still bet that- as for FOs- comparing a kid out of instructing w/ a major airline FO is dumb- but that the conversation can be had highlights my point- there are practically no raises beyond 1st year- and no work rules to magnify that rate-and no way to fly extra- that $41/hr is equating to $35k/year-72 hr guarantee is it- so I won't compare 1st year rates among the two- but there are 2nd year republic
FOs doing better than 2nd year mainline 190 FOs. And I know the 3rd year FOs are.
Topped out mainline FOs are doing better at $55, but it takes 9 years to get topped out and 6yrs to get close- And they're still grossing less than $50k.

Are you saying no republic FOs are breaking $50k?
You know what's worse than flying your arse off for $55k?
Working inefficient 11 day off schedules for $47k

So argue w/ me to whatever end you want, the USAPA stand is damaging pilot wages and affecting a LOT of east pilots VERY negatively- $60/hr 2nd year 190 FO wages were on the table in 2007- topping out at $78

How does a merger with with 10% right sizing come into your calculations? Also a possible integration with AA is going to put hundreds of there currently furloughed guys in captains seats if they go with USAPA's request right..oh snap.

Point of Order;

"right sizing" is a corporate euphemism for "down sizing". Don't be a sucker to their word games.

That is all. Carry on.

If anybody should have learned "not to count their chickens" it's any us air pilot hired after 1987.

Nobody is impressed with your hindsight 20/20 vision.

You want to talk FOs- lets talk FOs- As embarrassed as you may be- and as deserving of more republic capts may be- I know too- and I still bet that- as for FOs- comparing a kid out of instructing w/ a major airline FO is dumb- but that the conversation can be had highlights my point- there are practically no raises beyond 1st year- and no work rules to magnify that rate-and no way to fly extra- that $41/hr is equating to $35k/year-72 hr guarantee is it- so I won't compare 1st year rates among the two- but there are 2nd year republic
FOs doing better than 2nd year mainline 190 FOs. And I know the 3rd year FOs are.
Topped out mainline FOs are doing better at $55, but it takes 9 years to get topped out and 6yrs to get close- And they're still grossing less than $50k.

Are you saying no republic FOs are breaking $50k?
You know what's worse than flying your arse off for $55k?
Working inefficient 11 day off schedules for $47k

So argue w/ me to whatever end you want, the USAPA stand is damaging pilot wages and affecting a LOT of east pilots VERY negatively- $60/hr 2nd year 190 FO wages were on the table in 2007- topping out at $78

Usair E190 F/O start at 41:22H Top out at 55:00H with 5H min day, duty rigs and TAFB rigs, + 10% freebie goes into 401K, Per Diem 2:00H, all DH goes above guarantee, guarantee is 76H btw unless you are senior enough to hold long call. Training pay is 85 or 88 a month depending on the number of days in the month. The most junior pilot is on the A320 in DCA so no pilot will be ( as of now ) forced to be on year 2 on the E190 pay. Pay will go up 2% Jan first ( I know big deal ) Does it suck? hell yeah for a major it does.

Rep E190 F/0 start at 23:00H ( year 2 31H ) Tops out at 37:00. No min day, no duty rigs, no TAFB rigs, no cancellation pay, 6% 401K match. So you are right our work rule and pay rate sucks but still much better than Republic.

Latest resources

Back