• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohhh wait a second, I'm sorry.... you weren't referring to winning your LOA 93 case were you?.........BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:laugh:

I'll bet you a month off FI, that more than half of republic's 170/175/190 capts out earn (>W2's) us air's 190 capts-
Hell, there are more republic pilots out-earning your average airbus driver than what you're claiming

You game?

The simple fact is that you did the right thing in getting that a/c on the property and aligned w/ Jblu's rate AT THE TIME.
The criticism comes from being so low paid and taking this stance against AWA who bought you- now, years later, every other underslung embraer driver has negotiated much higher rates and you can't make a move - you're holding down all pilot wages and lining parker's wallet- as well as a handful of over promising lawyers'.
If this would pay off, I'd get it- it's so dumb bc you will lose, and you will never regain the money you lost.

The fact that we're having this conversation about a regional is shameful enough-

But by all means, take the bet- let's get some republic guys to tell what they're making- you're opinion is dated by about 5 years
You're just talking about Captains. No one goes into USAir as a Captain on a E190. Even if they did, USAir has a 10 dollar/hr advantage in the first few years. Plus, Republic grew so much during the major's bankruptcies that most Captains on the 175/170 are in the 5-10 year seniority range, so comparing those low years to each other, US still has an advantage.

Republic management was smart...they knew that they either wouldn't be around in 20 years, or they would just outsource the flying to a new startup, so they can agree to whatever rate they want at the 20 year mark and it doesnt cost them a dime.

Last edited:
I'll bet you a month off FI, that more than half of republic's 170/175/190 capts out earn (>W2's) us air's 190 capts-
Hell, there are more republic pilots out-earning your average airbus driver than what you're claiming

You game?

The simple fact is that you did the right thing in getting that a/c on the property and aligned w/ Jblu's rate AT THE TIME.
The criticism comes from being so low paid and taking this stance against AWA who bought you- now, years later, every other underslung embraer driver has negotiated much higher rates and you can't make a move - you're holding down all pilot wages and lining parker's wallet- as well as a handful of over promising lawyers'.
If this would pay off, I'd get it- it's so dumb bc you will lose, and you will never regain the money you lost.

The fact that we're having this conversation about a regional is shameful enough-

But by all means, take the bet- let's get some republic guys to tell what they're making- you're opinion is dated by about 5 years

A. I'm not a USAir pilot
B. This stupid "challenge" of yours is retarded because you know it can't be proven on this stupid website.
C. I know what Republic Captains make who have been there 6 years and it's embarassing for the amount of work they do and the size airplane they fly.
D. What started this whole topic was my simple observation of FO rates, which you morphed into a Captain top pay scale argument when nobody at Republic is, or ever will be, at that level.

Ohhh wait a second, I'm sorry.... you weren't referring to winning your LOA 93 case were you?.........BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:laugh:

I'm just find with Loa 93! No Nic! Have fun shrinking in the desert heat! How are your furloughs and army of laryngitis? Good times to come!

I'm just find with Loa 93! No Nic! Have fun shrinking in the desert heat! How are your furloughs and army of laryngitis? Good times to come!

You are a despicable POS for the above comment on furloughs?

Yet another useful and informative US Airways thread peppered with thoughtful comments born from years of experience and gracious mentoring. Thanks guys, you're the best :) :) :)

Yet another useful and informative US Airways thread peppered with thoughtful comments born from years of experience and gracious mentoring. Thanks guys, you're the best :) :) :)

Mentoring? I'm not sure what you're saying but the captain is usually the "mentor" in an airline operation and nic wants all the 30 year olds at AWA to mentor us geezers out east. No thanks.

Mentoring? I'm not sure what you're saying but the captain is usually the "mentor" in an airline operation and nic wants all the 30 year olds at AWA to mentor us geezers out east. No thanks.

Well said!!

Nic is a disaster for the profession

... and nic wants all the 30 year olds at AWA to mentor us geezers out east.

Um, well, Nicolau did meet a number of East and West pilots during the arbitration hearings. And he's been arbitrating for decades. Just thinking out loud.

Latest resources

Back