• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Scope Violation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So it will take over 6 months from the time folks out west (who were hired in 2005 and furloughed) to get to the few that were hired in 2007/08 to be furloughed? And there is no grievance over this?

The West pilots don't have an issue with it because they don't subscribe to DOH.:D

Actually, there is a grievance filed.

...and for the majority of RJ pilots who DON'T want RJ growth, who want to get the heII out, and who want to get to a major ASAP? When did these guys vote to allow more large RJ's? It's sooooo easy to blame them.

...and for the majority of RJ pilots who DON'T want RJ growth, who want to get the heII out, and who want to get to a major ASAP? When did these guys vote to allow more large RJ's? It's sooooo easy to blame them.

At UAL the MEC president was told that if the pilots allowed unlimited 70 seaters then Mgmt would not dump the pension. He sigend the papers without putting it to a vote. Now we know how it turned out. I non-reved over the last couple days, 4 legs I flew on United was all rj's not one mainline. SAD

At UAL the MEC president was told that if the pilots allowed unlimited 70 seaters then Mgmt would not dump the pension. He sigend the papers without putting it to a vote. Now we know how it turned out. I non-reved over the last couple days, 4 legs I flew on United was all rj's not one mainline. SAD

Its amazing how many so-called leaders in ALPA trust management with dubious promises, yet don't trust the line pilot enough to let them vote.

Its amazing how many so-called leaders in ALPA trust management with dubious promises, yet don't trust the line pilot enough to let them vote.

They let the line pilot vote when they know we will vote with them. If they want something to pass and know the majority of line pilots will vote against it (terminating pensions or scope), then they don't send it to a vote.

Actually, I don't believe that is true. If I remember correctly, Contract 2000 gave away the 70 seat RJ's. At that time, of course, it wasn't perceived as a "big deal" because United (and all the legacy airlines) were growing like crazy and we all just received the best contract the industry had ever seen.

During our bankruptcy, we didn't give away unlimited 70 seaters, as much as the company would have liked that I'm sure. What you're probably referring to is that fact that our Master Chairman signed a side letter which allowed the EMB 170 to be flown by United Express. Under the old wording, it was too heavy to be flown under our scope rules. We got something for it (I forget what it was), but whatever we got for it was obviously not worth it. I think that side letter was a huge mistake.

They let the line pilot vote when they know we will vote with them. If they want something to pass and know the majority of line pilots will vote against it (terminating pensions or scope), then they don't send it to a vote.

Agreed. And for this they charge dues.

Latest resources

Back