US Airways Recalls!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
stb said:
I thought I saw something like 20+ VP's from USAir stayed for the new USAirways.

I hope for the sake of AWA/USA it was wrong.

I'm one U furlough that wont go back.

Parker only retained one former US Airways senior executive. There may be more at the lower levels, but it doesn't matter, Parker is driving, not US Airways old.

RUhiring? said:
If they were based in the Garden of Eden, I still wouldn't take a recall to the FO slot.

RU, I think you may have missed it. The AWA MEC along with the arbitrator have appointed PHXFLYR and WhiskeyDriver in charge of all integration. They are fortunate to have two such senior and experienced pilots in a position of such authority.

RUhiring? said:
Yes.....post your AWA date of hire, and then we'll know for sure.

I think it looks possible that he is using junior in an entirely different context than you are, at least to me.

If the interactions here are an indicator of how well this merger is going to happen then we are all f#@cked. Well at least we know that we learn nothing from past mistakes.
While we sit here and fight amongst each other, management sits on the sidelines laughing there asses off. Just what they hoped for.

Sorry for the rant. Couldn't help myself.

Been at AirTran 2 years, very happy, better schedule than USAir(one of the original newhires(very early in '99)), would of retired with a single digit seniority number.................99.99999 % of NOT GOING BACK!!!!!

sluminginpit said:
I love the fact that J4J guys now say they will bypass until they can hold capt because they make more at PSA in the left seat. The J4J program provided jobs while there was none available to you. Now you have one offered and won't take it cause its not good enough, not enough money! Leave, go to mainline! Your to good for the regionals!

Well for those that asked, it says clearly, you don't Have to take the recall to f/o position on the 190. You may continue to bypass untill a 190 capt. slot OR 737/a320 etc f/o slot. As the contract states you can continue to bypass recall until there is not anyone Jr. to you to bypass to. Then you must make the decision. Except in the case of 190 f/o, you can bypass on that at your hearts content, AND it doesn't negate you from accepting a 190 f/o position down the road.

And for sluming, well if you look at it this way, all those J4J's that will bypass a 190 f/o slot, If PSA/ PDT merger committees with the AAA comm. got their act together and got the flow through hammered out, you could flow to a f/o 190 position from the CEL, with what....hmm...a 20k/yr pay raise to do so? With better work rules/retirement/health etc etc..... Now only if PDT would take the MDA guys back to satisfy that problem, and that would cure the backfill problem at PSA now....

SUNDOWN said:
RU, I think you may have missed it. The AWA MEC along with the arbitrator have appointed PHXFLYR and WhiskeyDriver in charge of all integration. They are fortunate to have two such senior and experienced pilots in a position of such authority.

WhiskeyDriver????? you're joking right?????

vetrider said:
I think it looks possible that he is using junior in an entirely different context than you are, at least to me.

If that's the case, then I probably would lose the bet.

Latest resources

Back