US Airways Recalls!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Little Duece said:
Doug Parker announced today that US Airways is recalling 55 pilots and 4 Flight Attendant classes!

Awesome news! I assume that recalls will be in seniority order from anywhere - including from MDA. I am sure those E170 guys (who felt abandoned) will be glad to hear this news...

for anyone on the USair side of things looking at getting recalled- if you have been recalled, then when is your class date and will you be based on the east coast or will you be based anywhere there is an opening - east or west?

Still curious as to how many furloughed USAir pilots will accept the recall?

Well this would not be surprising given the additional 757s and the EMB order, but where did you hear it?

IMO the recalls will go very junior once the EMBs show up due to the very low pay for FOs. Even the J4J Captains will probably bypass because they'll be making more in the left seat at CHQ or PSA. Eventually the recalls will fill from the bottom up on a pilot's last chance (for the EMB positions). Only the West positions (A320/B737) which pay better will go quickly and senior.

My personal WAG for recalls is that 1 of every 3 will return for about 500-600 total.

Recall is to the East operation. The latest pilot bid has 55 vacancies.

They won't be recalling for the 190's until later in the year when training has to spool up for November deliveries.

I personally will bypass a recall to the E190 right seat. Why take a paycut and be on bottom reserve?

In the laughs and giggles department.....

I work with a few Ex MDA Flight Attendants who got a letter in the mail from America West a couple of weeks ago. It offered them employment at America West, but they would be treated as new hires and only hold their AW hire date until the lists are merged in two years. Once the lists were merged, they would revert to their US Airways seniority. Then the kicker was not only are they not going to be paid for training, but America West expects them to pay for their own lodging for training.

Oh well, at least they got a good laugh out of it.........

Don't quote me on it, but I think they would be treated as new hires for bidding purposes, but they would bring over their longevity for pay and vacation etc.....

Latest resources

Back