• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I'm not sure how many are officially gone but the word is the a/c that are gone are going to be leased back to US. Heard this from multiple Republic guys and a union rep. I will believe it when I see it.

I j/s Usairways twice last week and both capt are over 60`s, them had east 757 capt in my J/s and he is over 60. My point is there will be a recall pretty soon. Good luck guys.

It is true we've been hearing they're short-staffed and will have trouble flying the schedule as presently staffed but then again this is usair prepare to be disappointed.

The 190 was the only aircraft that was overstaffed with pilots (at least the F/O position). Several short call reserves are having a problem with 90 day currency. On another note, this last permanent bid did remove 29 190 F/O's and "force" them to the Airbus... While not a recall, certainly a step in the right direction...

When the 10 190's were sold, they were then leased back to Airways until the actual transfer took place.

So that might explain the lease back rumor

Yeah what they (2 above said) and in other news from Pennsyltucky, guess you just can't fix stupid (or drunk people)....

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ed_after_giving_mouth-to-mouth_to_possum.html

Pa. man arrested after giving mouth-to-mouth to roadkill

By Sam Wood
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Some people will go to extraordinary lengths to save their pets. Tales of pet owners giving CPR to their cats and dogs are fairly common. But how many folks would try to resuscitate a wild animal?
Possums are prone to play dead, especially when threatened. Their eyes glaze over, their teeth are bared, and they secrete a rank stench from their glands.
But the possum lying along the Colonel Drake Highway on Thursday was doing none of that, troopers said. It was long-dead certified roadkill.
And Donald Wolfe was intent on bringing it back to life, troopers said.
Trooper Jamie Levier of the Punxsutawney barracks said witnesses saw Wolfe, 55, locking lips with the lifeless marsupial about 3 p.m. in a remote area about 80 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
After receiving several calls, troopers arrested Wolfe along an isolated stretch of the highway and charged him with public drunkenness.
Levier says the Brookville man was "extremely intoxicated" and "did have his mouth in the area of the animal's mouth, I guess."
Another person saw Wolfe kneeling before the deceased animal and gesturing as though he were conducting a séance, Levier said.
In a release, state police listed the victim of the incident as "society." Wolfe will face the charges before a district judge in Jefferson County at an unscheduled date. Wolfe, who does not have a listed phone number, could not be reached today for comment.

Last edited:
I j/s Usairways twice last week and both capt are over 60`s, them had east 757 capt in my J/s and he is over 60. My point is there will be a recall pretty soon. Good luck guys.
Sounds like a netjets cockpit...fly till you die program. At least the airways guys have a recall sometime in their future!! Best of luck to everyone on the street.

Latest resources

Back