US Airways jumpseat question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UALX727

I will be trying to jumpseat in a few days on US Airways out of PHX. It's been awhile since I've jumped on them, do you just go up to gate as usual or do you have to list online somehow? Thx

They may ask if you listed, but that's because they really are not paying attention. They ask me all the time what airline I am with while I am standing right in front of them with my US Airways ID and in uniform. They will take care of you though. Been easiest airline to jumpseat on before/after employment with them.

Great and friendly crews. Got bumped for weight n balance when it was hot outside though. They said its odd bc a Jump seaters weight is calculated in the BOW unless you are from a diff airline then your weight goes on as extra equaling bumped.

I might have misunderstood the explanation. Thanks again for all of the other successful trips home.

Great and friendly crews. Got bumped for weight n balance when it was hot outside though. They said its odd bc a Jump seaters weight is calculated in the BOW unless you are from a diff airline then your weight goes on as extra equaling bumped.

I might have misunderstood the explanation. Thanks again for all of the other successful trips home.

Generally speaking, the basic operating weight includes the crew required for operation (certificate-required number of pilots and flight attendants). Every other person added, whether paying passenger, non-rev, or jumpseater, must have his or her weight accounted for. The color of uniform, nor the paint scheme of the aircraft, matters not.

It's possible that you either misheard the explanation, or the person giving it (a customer service agent, maybe?) didn't understand that themselves.

Bubba

Generally speaking, the basic operating weight includes the crew required for operation (certificate-required number of pilots and flight attendants). Every other person added, whether paying passenger, non-rev, or jumpseater, must have his or her weight accounted for. The color of uniform, nor the paint scheme of the aircraft, matters not.

It's possible that you either misheard the explanation, or the person giving it (a customer service agent, maybe?) didn't understand that themselves.

Bubba

I think what he meant was US Airways jump seaters do not get bumped from their own AC. Unfortunately, non US will get bumped with a weight issue.

I will be trying to jumpseat in a few days on US Airways out of PHX. It's been awhile since I've jumped on them, do you just go up to gate as usual or do you have to list online somehow? Thx

UALX....Go to gate and request J/S, fill out form and they will check CASS status...if CASS, you can ride in J/S...if not, you can have seat in cabin.

Mainline crewmembers can list on J/S in advance, non mainline is first come first serve..

Mainline J/S do not get bumped for W/B as they are included in BOW..non mainline may be subject to weight restrictions..

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. That's what the crew was jokingly saying. With me the plane was too heavy however when I get off and if a US Air JS wanted on then the plane is not, too heavy.

JS is not in BOW.... USair guys on JS just get priority over pax and freight for final W/B calculations.

Latest resources

Back