• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Jul 16 recall class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW there's a new APL at the ALPA site today.

Hey Swaayze...do you know how many recalls there have been since the merger? Or on this new apl how many people are below dave odell? We on the west have no idea how many have come back.

That's about right, I think low 300's have accepted recall. It's often tagged at the end of the East ALPA hotline if you can stand to listen.

Not me. The east is poison for me because I was at AWA during the merger. I'll stay out west thanks.

But, a newhire might do ok out there because he or she didn't receive any "windfall."

Plan on staying out west...and I live back east!! Jumpseating on those guys once a week is about all I can stomach. Couldn't picture having to work with them.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Fellow Professional Pilots,

I didn't have time to read the entire thread so I apologize for rehashing what probably occured upstream.

First, I am a west metal Bus FO and will gain absolutely nothing in seniority if this thing goes through. Nor do I expect to. Except a little more than a $2/hr pay raise!

Secondly, I am furloughed AA (not TWA) and those two pilot groups finally grew up, acted professionally and get along just fine now, for the most part. Once the east/west start flying together, we'll realize that we're all just here to make a buck and that we're lucky to have a job. AA is a class act in my opionion and I'd probably go back if I ever get the call, but I love our stupid airline. We have good folks working for us, both east and west (ok... maybe not the Philly rampers). I think we can pull this off. I commute and sit the jump seat on east metal every week. The guys are great. Nobody has ever been rude and we talk about the airline, chicks, movies, whatever. Behind the door, we're just all normal dudes, in my humble opinion.

Chug-a-lug Doug and his cronies are just trying to wheel and deal their way to their fortunes. They have no idea how to run an airline. Jeff was the brains behind the whole operation and, unfortunately, passed away from cancer last year. (He was a Navy pilot, by the way).

Lastly, and this is huge. For those of you who are thinking of returning to US... I flew Kirby a couple of weeks ago (his wife got wasted in first class). He's my age and a multi-millionaire, so apparentely I am an idiot, and he is not. Anyway... straight from the horse's mouth... He thinks our airline will be called another name by the end of the year. U all can think about that all U want but it sort of makes me rethink my professional future. Just my .02.

Good luck - fly safe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back