• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Jul 16 recall class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7/19/99 hire. No letter as of yet, but not going back. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Not giving them a second chance.

USAir has become what Mesa was three years ago, and USAir is catching up with them quickly. I feel for people who have to go back because it is the best job they can get. I pitty the people who are going back because they dream USAir will be good again someday.

Last edited:
USAir has become what Mesa was three years ago, and USAir is catching up with them quickly. I feel for people who have to go back because it is the best job they can get. I pitty the people who are going back because they dream USAir will be good again someday.

The majority of legacy carriers fall into the same category.

M5C,

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. I think you're doing the right thing. Hell I'm a stinkin' Eagle FO and likely not going back! Then again that should probably show you what I know, which is nada, zip, zero, zilch. I was all for GP just hanging in there 'til I retired, home almost every night and flying the wonderful DoJet, but I digress.....

On Your Six,

Yeah I figure about an 8 year upgrade to Group 2 based on age 60 for a recall/newhire, so now I'd guess 10-12 with 65, though all that is speculative wrt merging of the list and whatnot. That's a long time but doable. My personal issue is just time. Won't move and don't really wanna commute for 20+ years. I figure money is easier to come by and less valuable than time (home with my kids). That said it is a tough decision and one I'm having plenty of trouble making. As for NetJets, I thought about them, sounds like a great job. Had an interview offer but passed. Again, I just can't see being gone every other week for 7 days at a time for the next 20+ years. Basically I've become a homebody since my kids were born and 9/11 happened. Just in the wrong business I guess but I still enjoy it once the cockpit door's closed and locked.

FurloughedAgain,

You'll be among the first to know. That way you guys can give me a proper beating for whichever way I go!

Furloughedagain and Swayzee,

It's been kind of fun reading through your recent posts regarding the final recall.....I'm a little bit senior to you guys so I get to be tormented with this decision for a few more months.....after the furlough I chose a different path....been home every night for 5 years....what a concept!!! I think I may try the recall and put USAirways on probation for 1 year...if it works for me I'll stay....If it doesn't then I'll furlough the airline....let us all know what you guys do....if you go back....good luck....if you don't good luck....now back to lurking

Furlough the airline... You sir, might just be a genius.

If I could get that on a t-shirt i'd buy one today. "I furloughed US Airways without possibility for recall."

Ha ha, I like it. Wish Eagle would give me a LOA so I could go back, bank a little money and see if I could actually stay employed at LCC for a year or two before the next merger/recession/attack/force majure:erm: .

If I decide not to decide does that constitute a decision? I can't decide.

Just do the Costanza based on what I do FA and you'll be the master of your domain.

BTW there's a new APL at the ALPA site today.

Last edited:

I have been away from mesa for eight years now, never thought I would see an airline just as bad as mesa or worse. Good luck to all.

Really nothing has changed here except attitudes.

We all still bid in the same slots, we're finally running an upgrade class, we all still get paid the same as we did before.

It's easy to be down right now because of the way the East is handling the merger, but with all that said, THIS PLACE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING MESA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back