US Airways Jul 16 recall class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
July 30 Recall Class

Hey Duece, any idea what equipment type might be available for the July 30 th class?

We do not get the manuals until the Friday before class.
I think it's fair to say based on the requirements and no show factor, a little of everything will be avialible.

I believe they are trying to do a class of 20 every week...

Class of 20 no-shows?

Wow, that has to kill morale.

Any jb pilots on here gonna go back? Translation: is my seniority gonna get better?

Good luck fellers.

7/19/99 hire. No letter as of yet, but not going back. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Not giving them a second chance.

IThe PIC type is the same as the SIC type except for a rejected take off and taxi to the gate from the left seat.

Don't you have to do a no-flap/no-slat visual approach on the PIC ride also?

We are using the former MDA E170 simulator in CLT. The ERJ-170/190 is a common type rating just like the 757/767 so exept for the weights, no big deal.

The sim is in the CLT Training Center, in the new bays next to the A-330 & A-320

Its been over a year since I've been to the CLT training center but I think the 190 sim is next to the Dash or in the same bay. I'm pretty sure its the same one that used to be the 170 sim we used at MDA.

- Mark Twain

Thanks and Thanks.

Swaayze,

Best of luck.... I know that it is a damm hard choice for you.... I got my letter already, called to class July 30th. I feel that I might be screwing up by not going back...but I guess we will see.... I really regret not being able to ever even have a off chance of flying big airplanes, long distances..... If I went back maybe I could have at least gotten a widebody for a little while. Oh well...

Once again best of luck, it has to be better than Great Plains, well maybe....

Matthew

PS Keep in touch....Who knows what the future might hold....

Swaayze,

Best of luck.... I know that it is a damm hard choice for you.... I got my letter already, called to class July 30th. I feel that I might be screwing up by not going back...but I guess we will see.... I really regret not being able to ever even have a off chance of flying big airplanes, long distances..... If I went back maybe I could have at least gotten a widebody for a little while. Oh well...

Once again best of luck, it has to be better than Great Plains, well maybe....

Matthew

PS Keep in touch....Who knows what the future might hold....

Personally, I wouldn't give up a job at Frontier for USAirways. Your career progression would be slower to Captain I would think. Who knows - Frontier could be acquired or merged - that is a possible risk but hopefully your position would still be secure (you never know).

As for Swaayze, leaving an ERJ job for USAirways makes more sense so long as you can deal with the potentially long upgrade time. Have you considered Netjets? They're hiring and the pay/benefits is pretty good and plenty of ex-USAirways guys are there.

Actually, I think the progression will be high at AAA. With only 20% coming back, that brings you very close to the '88 and earlier hires. Alot of aged pilots there...alot of retirements regardless of the 65 thing that has yet to be passed. Hopefully the time will come that it'll be a great place to work..who knows.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back