US Airways is finally dead...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Zymotic-

I'm sure Parker would love that, but I truly hope APA can grieve to create single ops- or at least a single list and contract.

The problem with the East's tantrum is their contract

$125 to captain an airbus on bad work rules??

Really- I bypassed their w2 as a SWA FO in my 3rd year bc their rules suck so bad-

Why fight for that?

Zymotic-

I'm sure Parker would love that, but I truly hope APA can grieve to create single ops- or at least a single list and contract.

Really- I bypassed their w2 as a SWA FO in my 3rd year bc their rules suck so bad-

Why fight for that?

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. I was hired after the US/AWA merger and from where I'm standing it didn't look like a smart battle to drag out all these years. That being said:

As of December 9th, we are working under some of AA's contract with the rest to be phased in "as soon as practicable". Scheduling items are going to take about a year to get all the groups on one page mainly due to PBS implementation and software needs.

There is still a joint conract process to go through but it's a bit different than a typical merger. Many of the items were already negotiated before the merger was announced. The process now is sort of another bite at the apple but the process probably will just move some money around.

As I said before regarding pay: As of December 9th, every pilot (AA, East, and West) is earning the same payrate. Payrates already set out to I believe 2019. Starting January 2016, DAL/UAL average.

No need to grieve anything to get us on one page.

Anyone know if we are getting the lump sum 40mil by the end of the year?

I've seen the message about retro ref the 15th and 30th pay checks but nothing def. about the lump sum.

Just trying to plan some tax stuff plus I'd like to get in on this awesome pyramid scheme some guy told me about in the employee lot today. He looked legit in the white van with the painted out windows.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we are getting the lump sum 40mil by the end of the year?

I've seen the message about retro ref the 15th and 30th pay checks but nothing def. about the lump sum.

Just trying to plan some tax stuff plus I'd like to get in on this awesome pyramid scheme some guy told me about in the employee lot today. He looked legit in the white van with the painted out windows.

Yes....on the 30th.

Zymotic-

Why fight for that?

Um....yea... We will have a SOC in 18 months as well as an SLI. Currently AB Capt is at 181 / hour, 330 Capt is 220 / hour and pay parity with Delta and United by 2015. Your SWA pay and QOL will soon be sub-par. Try again, my envious flyer.

Um....yea... We will have a SOC in 18 months as well as an SLI. Currently AB Capt is at 181 / hour, 330 Capt is 220 / hour and pay parity with Delta and United by 2015. Your SWA pay and QOL will soon be sub-par. Try again, my envious flyer.

....he bragged on the 3rd day the pay rates were in effect after years of shame.

....he bragged on the 3rd day the pay rates were in effect after years of shame.

Stating facts is not bragging. Another who brags about their QOL and pay (especially at SWA) and compares it to AA...priceless.

Last edited:
Pave...did you do all 9 years of LOA93? SWA smoked AAA in every metrics in aviation so you have a long way to catch up, but your ego is already ahead, so you have that going for you.

Latest resources

Back