US Airways hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting thread.

Maybe it's the Christmas spirit... hope you guys can work it out, the UAir guys seem pretty ready to burn it down (and I can't say I blame them). :(

Are you wishing us well? It kinda seems like it, almost, sort of, kind of, but....

No, wait, I get it. You're wishing the east well in there extortion attempt. Thanks for the kind wishes, you're all heart.

Last edited:
We have the binding arbitration
We have a better contract
We have a lower average age group
We aren't giving any conssessions

We can wait it out. See you in 2009.

Hmmmmm. I like that idea. We'll sit over here enjoying our west bases. If they came up to our contract and we were one list the company would have to hire. The east doesn't need that though because of all their attrition. Oh wait, what about age 65:confused: ? Time for you guys to enjoy some stagnation and lost expectaions for a change:D . Enjoy your contract. We already passed the window for an improvement on the west's contract. I'm not voting to give you guys a raise after the way you've behaved.

Interesting thread.

Some valid questions, some great answers, then some mud slinging, then some rational conversation...

I don't think I've ever seen a thread go off on a bashing tangent and ever come back to rational discussion, excellent job!

Maybe it's the Christmas spirit... hope you guys can work it out, the UAir guys seem pretty ready to burn it down (and I can't say I blame them). :(

Which has probably been there intent since day one.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Once again, Nicolau made his decision and neither pilot neutral disagreed. This is how he interpreted "career expectations". You're free to disagree with Nicolau's logic but you mustn't forget your side willingly entitled him to make this decision. Sorry, but the core problem with the East is the sense of entitlement. And even though a neutral arbitrator made his decision you feel it's okay to go nuclear to circumvent it. The West didn't create this problem yet you expect us to fix it?Right. That's called extortion. Y'all want the West to unilaterally concede seniority or else you'll put us all out of a job. So what if we call your bluff? You'll get to say "we showed 'em" at your next airline interview(s). A Pyrrhic victory.Well, since you put it that way I'm sure we'll all go for it. (read sarcasm) Tell me honestly, why in the world should the West concede seniority to the East? A true negotiation involves give and take. You just want take. How can you reconcile this unethical behavior?

There's the beauty in it.... You can't.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Interesting thread.

Some valid questions, some great answers, then some mud slinging, then some rational conversation...

I don't think I've ever seen a thread go off on a bashing tangent and ever come back to rational discussion, excellent job!

Can't say you blame them? They went from a US Airways about to liquadate to a new US Airways with over a 100(92+37+25=154) aircraft on order, making money at $90 oil, and almost $4 billion in cash. They're trying to destroy the company because the binding arbitration they agreed to didn't staple the aquiring airline's pilots under them. Were you dropped on your head one too many times as a child?

Not dropped on his head, but his daddy was a US Air pilot. Apparently the entitlement mentality is genetic.

Read his postings RE the merger and the arbitration award from back in May and you'll realize why debating him is not worth your time. He has also since been fired from AirTran - the only thing positive I can say about him is that his efforts to spearhead a better contract for AAI pilots did appear to be well-intentioned. I'm not up to speed on why he was let go. I do know, though, that he was one of the most pro-east guys posting here right after the award came out....

Originally Posted by Lear70
Again, I work for AirTran. I never worked for UAir. My dad is retired UAir (has been for a while), and I don't know anyone there anymore. I don't have an agenda and don't "want it my way" or "to benEfit my people".

Last edited:
It's not a sense of "entitlement". I don't work there. I don't have anything to be "entitled" to. I just understand why the East pilots are angry.

It *WAS* wishing *BOTH* sides well. I sincerely hope you can come to some type of agreement. I know that I'd be angry if something similar happened WHEN I return to AirTran after my grievance is heard (it's a slam dunk, I've already won court battles over it with the Georgia State board, more will come).

I honestly see both sides of it... the West thinks they saved the East from liquidation, the East thinks they would have been fine either way and many of their F/O's will now *NEVER* see the CA's seat before retirement.

If you can reconcile those two somehow, maybe you can save your airline. Good luck to you... sincerely... and Happy Holidays!

How do you reconcile anything with people who think their signature doesn't mean anything?

Besides, Nicolau already reconciled it.

How do you reconcile anything with people who think their signature doesn't mean anything?

Besides, Nicolau already reconciled it.
No, he didn't.

Reconciliation requires BOTH parties agreeing to the outcome, as in "reconciling THEIR differences."

Forced reconciliation never works. Just ask our men and women who are being asked to attempt that right now in a war zone. Or the countless men and women who have fought this type of "war" before.

Reconciliation only happens with two WILLING parties who WORK TOGETHER. I hope the two groups at USAirways can...

Latest resources

Back