• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Callsign Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Crzi. Just finished a trip and saw you've been really busy. Thought I might like to respond to a few of your questions.

Hmmm...first off. Could give a jack ******************** less about spelling nor grammer. I'm not a copywrite, english teacher or writing a GD thesis on the internet.

(Sigh) Sorry, chief. Looks like spelling and grammar is a bit of a sore spot with you. I taught at a university for a while so it just stands out to me. I'll stop hassling you about it. Don't worry, as long as you don't get furloughed or fired and have to get a real job, I'm sure you probably won't need those skills.

Hmmm....This has to be one of the best quotes of the year yet...

"I wanted to work at America West because it was a great place to work"

Well considering, lets see. Hmm...pre 9/11 Most people RAN from AW. Post 9/11 Well, If i remember correctly they were about the only one hiring. So when one has a choice between Mesa, or Mesa Grande....I guess alot of people took the Grande.... Though I believe some took the unemployment after looking at what a Great company AW was in 2002/03

Yawn. This is your retort? You're right, I should have aspired to Pan Am in the 70's or TWA 20 years ago like you probably did. Maybe if I had gone to UAL instead of AWA....no, I guess that wouldn't have worked out so well either. All things being equal, I think I've done pretty well, thank you.

So, what's next from you? You're probably one of those guys still trying to convince everyone that Southwest is a scumbag regional airline too, right? Get over yourself. Your once great USAir was in the toilet. I know it's such fun to call AWA Mesa Grande. I'm sure your fellow pilots think you're clever as can be but ask yourself this. If the pilots at Mesa Grande are getting paid more to fly the same airplanes over the same routes, what does that make the pilots at USAir? Something LESS then Mesa Grande, perhaps? I don't know. You all came up with the catch phrase. You decide

And if your such a grammar cop, go back and tell me where I was talking about anything regarding the Experience level of a west pilot in my previous quote. I was however complementing the East on their longer time in the industry, which traditionally translates to, Uhmmm......Experience....

Uhhh....What makes this hard to respond to is that it seems you've already said I was right. OK. That's fine with me too.

Looks more like some inherrent insecurities on your part regarding whatever experience level you may have.......

Yawn. Believe me..one thing I don't have a problem with is insecurity about anything.

PS. You miss spelled "inherent", above. I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself.

How boring, a week later and that the best you could come up with. Hmm. Previously taught at the university. So another second careerer without a clue. I got it now.....

How many pax have AWA pilots killed in the last 3 decades? How about US Air?

If the average eastie spent 20 years doing PHX-ONT-PHX-LAS all the while having a visual on all three airports at the same time while airborne, there might have been fewer problems encountered as well.

Regional airline.

Most accidents at USAIR had nothing to do with pilot error like taking the wrong rwy, CFIT,flying airplane out of its design envelope or not knowing how to operate the airplane. USAir had over 400 airplanes and in grand sheme have a better safety record then most airlines out there. Including American, United or Alaska.
USair has a safety record comparable to other majors.
Comparing tiny startup AWA back in the 80's 90's is like comparing Airtran with Delta's or United's safety record 10 years ago.

M

Last edited:
How boring, a week later and that the best you could come up with. Hmm. Previously taught at the university. So another second careerer without a clue. I got it now.....

ZING! So you didn't have anything to say and elected not to really say anything at all. Good choice.

I see you sat sideways in a DC8 and a 727 before sliding into the right seat of a shiny new Airbus. Congratulations on your big promotion and welcome to the world of being a flying pilot.

Psst. I didn't teach because that was my previous career but I continue to teach because I love doing it. I'd tell you to stop by and maybe you'd learn something new, but I'm SURE you've already forgotten more about everything than I'll ever know about anything so never mind.

well you for one should obviously know the risk of assumptions. Sideways in a 8??? 727??? Ya I did that for a bit, but sat up front longer.... Moving to the bus and 73, well actually seems more like a demotion compared to what I was doing. All this domestic flying with some island stuff thrown in. Quite safe and boring compared to previous life....

Hmmm....you taught because you loved doing it, or had to supplement the income at those regional pay scales, and 1/2 major payscale?? :) (not that there is anything wrong with that, just want to make sure we are on the same page here so if mine is THIS long, how long is yours??? HAHAHA)

You must mean BOS, because NY is the best city in the world!

p.s. there is no city that is smellier than PHL.

I agree about PHL, but NY? Yah, right! Ha ha!!! What a great city! Ha Ha. You are a clown! Please do us a favor, take a walk down a dark NY city street, wait, it doesn't even have to be a dark street, so some gangsta can beat some sense into you! Have you ever been outside the city limits, let alone west of the Mississippi, fool?

Most accidents at USAIR had nothing to do with pilot error like taking the wrong rwy, CFIT,flying airplane out of its design envelope or not knowing how to operate the airplane. USAir had over 400 airplanes and in grand sheme have a better safety record then most airlines out there. Including American, United or Alaska.
USair has a safety record comparable to other majors.
Comparing tiny startup AWA back in the 80's 90's is like comparing Airtran with Delta's or United's safety record 10 years ago.

M

Are you off your meds again?
Is that what you tell your Gulfstream academy classmates?
Remember, by your own words, you do not work for US Air!

Dope in an RJ
Yeah, I did not take my meds today. How about you Dope? You take your meds?

I got furloughed from GIA. How are things going at the salon. Still a hairdresser? Hope to see you soon at the next NGPA outing. Good luck getting your pilot license. I think the FAA might give you a waiver if you can control your tourettes with meds.

Love
M

Dope in an RJ
Yeah, I did not take my meds today. How about you Dope? You take your meds?
Doubled up. Its almost the weekend.

I got furloughed from GIA. How are things going at the salon. Still a hairdresser?
:laugh: :laugh:
I'm actually heping out at the clinic now.
Tell your sister, she missed her appointment.

Hope to see you soon at the next NGPA outing.
I bet you do!:blush:

Good luck getting your pilot license. I think the FAA might give you a waiver if you can control your tourettes with meds.

Love
M
Thanks M!
I loved you in that video with your dad at GIA.
BTW, how is it you know so much about the gay pilots' association?

Latest resources

Back