US Airways Callsign Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks M!
I loved you in that video with your dad at GIA.
BTW, how is it you know so much about the gay pilots' association?

The same reason you know so much about them. We are both proud members.

To bad you washed out at GIA. The tourettes and your flying skills were just not up to the high standards at GIA. At least they refunded you half your money and you found a job cutting and waxing hair. Congrats. See you at the next outing Dope!

Love
M

If the average eastie spent 20 years doing PHX-ONT-PHX-LAS all the while having a visual on all three airports at the same time while airborne, there might have been fewer problems encountered as well.

Regional airline.

Coast to coast, Alaska to Costa Rica. Yeah sounds like a regional airline.

If the region is the western hemisphere.

But those trialblazers from US who jumped from their Fokkers 100's and spanned the Atlantic in the mighty 767, (psst, last legacy carrier to fly Trans Atlantic, but somehow they figured it out) now there's some real men of valor.

Most accidents at USAIR had nothing to do with pilot error like taking the wrong rwy, CFIT,flying airplane out of its design envelope or not knowing how to operate the airplane. USAir had over 400 airplanes and in grand sheme have a better safety record then most airlines out there. Including American, United or Alaska.
USair has a safety record comparable to other majors.
Comparing tiny startup AWA back in the 80's 90's is like comparing Airtran with Delta's or United's safety record 10 years ago.

M
I flew a 775,000 pound 4 engine jet across the Pacific in the left seat many times for the tiny start-up America West.

I flew a 775,000 pound 4 engine jet across the Pacific in the left seat many times for the tiny start-up America West.

I remember well pilots willing to fly the mighty 747 for commuter wages and no pension and work rules at America West. AWA Pilots led the way in undercutting all the airlines by lowering the bar. It was a trade mark of AWA pilots back then. Just like sc..bbing downunder and all the Wien Air pilots that crossed.

I would not be proud of being a lifer at AWA. Its pretty sad Fred. Its like someone saying I have been employed at Mesa since 1997.

M

Last edited:
The lack of pride from the lifers at US explains USAPA. Thanks for clearing that up.

Could you explain the pride of those US scum who willingly lowered the bar on pay and workrules just to protect their Harleys at the expense of the profession?

Does AWA have commuter-type stand-up overnights? Do AWA pilots get paid for deadheads, or are they done free, like in the commuters? I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point.

But don't let me discourage you from putting in an application when you meet the total time minimums.

I remember well pilots willing to fly the mighty 747 for commuter wages and no pension and work rules at America West. AWA Pilots led the way in undercutting all the airlines by lowering the bar. It was a trade mark of AWA pilots back then. Just like sc..bbing downunder and all the Wien Air pilots that crossed.

I would not be proud of being a lifer at AWA. Its pretty sad Fred. Its like someone saying I have been employed at Mesa since 1997.

M

Or in your case Gulfstream international!
But then again ****************************** bag, US Air east lead the way into pension termination and paycuts. So at least you got that going for them!

Or in your case Gulfstream international!
But then again ****************************** bag, US Air east lead the way into pension termination and paycuts. So at least you got that going for them!

Hey wait a minute here!!! I thought we at United led the way on paycuts and pension dumping. We never get any credit.

Ladies,

I think one thing everyone can agree on is both airlines were crappy midsized airlines. Combined they are a crappy big airline. Be realistic, neither airline was ever considered to be one of the places to be. AA, Ual, Dal in the last 20-25 years were the logical choices. Large domestic, with a growing intl. the best pay, retirement and workrules. Us, Aw, Tw, Sw, Cal, etc. while considered good jobs, they were not considered by most the best. Better than a commuter but not the brass ring. I ended up at NW, a hybrid of the above. Not considered the brass ring, but better than the next tier. At NWA, the company and our union had us convinced we were not equals with the AAs, Dals, Uals but slightly better than the lower tiers and as a result our pay, workrules etc. reflected this. Funny though, when Ual got hammered in ch11 all of a sudden they were our closest peers.

Latest resources

Back