• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its almost been three weeks since my interview and no word. I am assuming the 15 april class is filled so there will not be any more calls or emails until its about a month out from the next class. I am guessing 1 May???? So I am assuming if we are lucky we would be getting a call in two weeks or unlucky and getting an email in two weeks.

It will be worth the wait. Things are slowly starting to shake out and a few surprises are coming to light. Just heard a rumor (for what that is worth) that one very lucky new hire has been awarded CLT A330 FO due to an unexpected opening they needed filled. Of course he/she will be displaced right back out of it in the fall but hey its still a pretty good way to spend the summer. Eternal bunkie though so he will be in the sim to get his landings. Hang in there.

It will be worth the wait. Things are slowly starting to shake out and a few surprises are coming to light. Just heard a rumor (for what that is worth) that one very lucky new hire has been awarded CLT A330 FO due to an unexpected opening they needed filled. Of course he/she will be displaced right back out of it in the fall but hey its still a pretty good way to spend the summer. Eternal bunkie though so he will be in the sim to get his landings. Hang in there.

Oh god, that's an awesome quirk if true. I'd not mind riding the bunk to MAD or TLV for the summer.

I would be perfectly thrilled as a 190 FO and a seniority number! Still waiting and hoping after 3 weeks

I doubt that is true...

Actually it is true, new hires to the A330... its the only place to get pilots younger than 60 at USAir, and with the over 60 pairing rules.. well.. :D

No actually its not a surprise. During the last hiring boom each class had about 3 or 4 wide bodies going to each new hire class due to the nature of musical chairs during the bidding.

Actually it is true, new hires to the A330... its the only place to get pilots younger than 60 at USAir, and with the over 60 pairing rules.. well.. :D

No actually its not a surprise. During the last hiring boom each class had about 3 or 4 wide bodies going to each new hire class due to the nature of musical chairs during the bidding.

You do realize that the rumor was posted by a flame baiter on another forum, right? You also realize that there wasn't even a class last Monday? The next class is set for this coming Monday.

Is it fair to say that there will be two classes a month for a while? Anyone know the dates for the May classes? How many per class? I also heard the last system bid had 70+ open spots. I know some contracts has a set amount of time all those on that bid have to be in training.

You do realize that the rumor was posted by a flame baiter on another forum, right? You also realize that there wasn't even a class last Monday? The next class is set for this coming Monday.

You do realize we still had 3 or 4 wide bodies going to each class of newhires in the last hiring boom? :D

Latest resources

Back