• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it funny that you guys that promote the General and his tactics think he brings something useful to this internet board. One of the things I notice he claims to be is a staunch unionist yet he's all about divide and conquer in his 17K plus posts. I don't know who started it so maybe someone tweaked him way back when and he felt like he had to "defend himself."

Others trash talking about planes going off the end of the runway and whistling thru the graveyard of the dead (Colgan) is an ultimate low as well.

People wonder why management types, the feds, the media and the flying public pick us off so easily like turkeys in a shoot. It's no mystery to me. Pilots are an absolute embarrassment when it comes to joining together to fight a common cause. General Lee is certainly not part of the solution.

Had he been on any other "professional" board he'd have been tuned up by the moderators a long time ago. Others as well.

I came to this board many moons ago because I wanted some more diverse opinions outside of my own little Quonset hut. And, in the hopes that we could share information, ideas and strategize about the next eff job du jour the feds or our company's are getting ready to send down to us. (See Info sharing on 117)

Each time someone makes an attempt to discuss real issues it denigrates into a poo-sling fest about whose schwantz is bigger, speedos, or whatever.

So, have at it ladies. Management and the feds LOVE the Divide and Conquer game. They've been capitalizing on it for YEARS!!!

:puke:

General Lee, I thought you were gonna be kinder and gentler. Remember, there's people who actually want to read about "US Airways calls." Everybody already knows your opinion.

Its almost been three weeks since my interview and no word. I am assuming the 15 april class is filled so there will not be any more calls or emails until its about a month out from the next class. I am guessing 1 May???? So I am assuming if we are lucky we would be getting a call in two weeks or unlucky and getting an email in two weeks.

MSP commute

Hey all Airways folks, any MSP commuters out there? I just got hired and am wondering what is the best A/C or Base for a pilot who lives in MSP. Thanks for the help, OTC

I was looking in to this as well. In addition to Airways flights, Delta does:
MSP-CLT 4 times daily, 3 Compass, 1 bus
MSP-PHL 3 mainline, 1 DCI
MSP-DCA 5 mainline MD90s. There's also IAD and BWI if you were really motivated to get to work.

Its almost been three weeks since my interview and no word. I am assuming the 15 april class is filled so there will not be any more calls or emails until its about a month out from the next class. I am guessing 1 May???? So I am assuming if we are lucky we would be getting a call in two weeks or unlucky and getting an email in two weeks.

Settle in for a long wait. I'm days away from my 8th week since interviewing. No calls. No email (thank goodness.)

Don't think the next scheduled class will be 1 May. Don't they start on a Monday? I think maybe the 6th of May or the 29th of April.

General Lee, I thought you were gonna be kinder and gentler. Remember, there's people who actually want to read about "US Airways calls." Everybody already knows your opinion.

I have been kinder and gentler, but I still give my opinions. When attacked first, I still respond, I am not a push over. But, I now try not to proactively go after someone, that's the difference. I still hope you and XJ and others get hired at US or wherever, and better your situations. Even though US isn't perfect internally currently, there is hope with the merger, and getting on early would be a great thing, at any legacy. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Settle in for a long wait. I'm days away from my 8th week since interviewing. No calls. No email (thank goodness.)

Don't think the next scheduled class will be 1 May. Don't they start on a Monday? I think maybe the 6th of May or the 29th of April.

They start every two weeks, April 15th class is full, from the trend I have been following. So two weeks from then, and yes they do start on Mondays. I waited for 5 weeks for my call...good luck to you!!

Latest resources

Back