US Airways Application Issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snaab

After my application was dumped, I reapplied. The system recognized me and asked me to attach a resume. It will not take anything that I attach. I have tried different file formats (Word, PDF, Plain Text). Anyone have any ideas or insight on how to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

After my application was dumped, I reapplied. The system recognized me and asked me to attach a resume. It will not take anything that I attach. I have tried different file formats (Word, PDF, Plain Text). Anyone have any ideas or insight on how to fix this?

I may be wrong but I think you have to wait for the next application window to open, then you can do it.

Rumor has it that the next application window will be opening up in a couple of months. Also, USAirways is going to re-evaluate the requirement of having to pass an initial training course within the preceeding 5 years. There are many over at the training center that view this as rubbish and an uneccessary barrier that is preventing the highest qualified pilots from selection.

Both the Chief Pilots and Fleet Captains have addressed the "initial training" thing with HR and the hiring folks and they were pretty much told to pack sand.

If HR has not budged off this issue by now I don't think they are going to.

They have found statics that show young, new pilots who have gone through an initial Part 121 AQP program in the last 5 years are more apt to be successful than an older pilots, many years removed from learning new systems and a new aircraft.
It's bean counting and money.
Age and experience are a burden to the US Air human resource professionals.

They have found statics that show young, new pilots who have gone through an initial Part 121 AQP program in the last 5 years are more apt to be successful than an older pilots, many years removed from learning new systems and a new aircraft.
It's bean counting and money.
Age and experience are a burden to the US Air human resource professionals.

I'm 37 and completed an initial program within the last thirty days. Moreover, my certificate now mentions some aircraft called the ERJ-190. You suppose I have a chance?

What browser are you using and have you tried more than one browser?

I tried it with Google Chrome initially but switched to Internet Explorer with no avail. Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks for the other updates, guys.

"I'm 37 and completed an initial program within the last thirty days. Moreover, my certificate now mentions some aircraft called the ERJ-190. You suppose I have a chance?"

No.

Just Kidding

The outsourced recruiting is equivalent to throwing a dart at a dart board.

Honestly, I don't think they care that you have some aircraft called the ERJ-190 on your certificate.
Just my opinion.

I was hired ten months ago and I don't remember seeing a requirement for passing initial training within the past five years. My previous initial on a new aircraft was seven years prior to my interview. Is it a new requirement?

Latest resources

Back