• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Application Issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only read through the new MOU once. It appears that once this MOU is approved by all parties, hiring new pilots off the street could stop. American has a lot of furloughed pilots. Neither carrier will be allowed to hire new pilots until all furloughed pilots from both carriers have been offed recall to EITHER carrier. So before US Airways can hire, they must offer the open positions to the furloughed American pilots...

The mou only comes into effect once the merger is announced and that is far away I think. But either way if you want in you better hurry up and apply.

I'm certain very very few AA furloughs want to recall to usairways, much less come back to AMR at all.....

According to several online sources, it appears that it is beneficial for Horton to delay a merger for as long as he can. Many seem to think this summer is the target for this to happen. The longer Horton runs the AA show, and the numbers improve, the bigger the parachute he gets if he leaves.

The window will open again in March. Also, a third party selection source ISN'T used. It's all done in house. The massive disconnect is between PHX H.R. and the pilots. H.R. is filtering the criteria without ANY imput from the training center or it's instructors. What HR thinks is relevent and what the training center thinks is relevent are two different things. One example of this is the trainability issue.

Has anybody figured out how to update a resume yet? I've tried several times but every time I look to see which one is on file, it's always the old resume. I sent an email to the support e-mail address but I don't expect to hear back from them. I never heard back from them when I applied the first time and had a question about updating times on my application.

Latest resources

Back